• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The 10 mil they won't be paying Miley covers Gray's salary this year.   

True, but they also had Castellanos opt out yesterday, and they still cut him, so...

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The 10 mil they won't be paying Miley covers Gray's salary this year.   

In your opinion do you think you the Angels tried to trade for Miley before waivers?

Would he be a good candidate for our staff?

Appreciate your input

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

In your opinion do you think you the Angels tried to trade for Miley before waivers?

Would he be a good candidate for our staff?

Appreciate your input

Appreciate the kind words.

I said in a different post I have no idea what to expect this winter, I genuinely mean it.  We have a GM that is still working to establish himself and there is potentially a lock out looming which only adds to the uncertainty.  

Miley had a really good season last year  but he's pitched more like a guy wth a 4.5 ERA the last 5 years and I think it's possible the Angels may be thinking they already have a few of those in house and potentially could get more for the 10 mil a year.  On the surface it looks like something they should have been in on, particularly if you believe the team would be better off spreading their money around at multiple spots which I do.

When push comes to shove Miley is a nice mid range SP but likely a bad fit given the existence of Detmers, Sandoval, Suarez,all of them LHPs.  Throw in the weak K rate and reliance on defense... he's not really the type of pitcher they are likely targetting (or that makes sense).  Definitely not the type of arm Maddon likely wants.

That said, the Cubs are likely happy to have added a guy who is a solid bet for Johnny Cueto level production for what amounts to Jose Quintana money.  Still, at that price I'd probably prefer the 2021 version of Cobb.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Appreciate the kind words.

I said in a different post I have no idea what to expect this winter, I genuinely mean it.  We have a GM that is still working to establish himself and there is potentially a lock out looming which only adds to the uncertainty.  

Miley had a really good season last year  but he's pitched more like a guy wth a 4.5 ERA the last 5 years and I think it's possible the Angels may be thinking they already have a few of those in house and potentially could get more for the 10 mil a year.  On the surface it looks like something they should have been in on, particularly if you believe the team would be better off spreading their money around at multiple spots which I do.

When push comes to shove Miley is a nice mid range SP but likely a bad fit given the existence of Detmers, Sandoval, Suarez,all of them LHPs.  Throw in the weak K rate and reliance on defense... he's not really the type of pitcher they are likely targetting (or that makes sense).  Definitely not the type of arm Maddon likely wants.

That said, the Cubs are likely happy to have added a guy who is a solid bet for Johnny Cueto level production for what amounts to Jose Quintana money.  Still, at that price I'd probably prefer the 2021 version of Cobb.

maybe I'm misremembering but it seems the halos like to hit their expensive targets first and then see what's left.