• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Molina not returning, more changes coming?

mmc

14 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I'm confused. How is Molina "one of the best and most impactful catching coaches in baseball"? Is there like some sort of stat and rating system I didn't know about?

It looks like a dumb move but this is a bit hyperbolic.

"One of the best and most impactful catching coaches in baseball". How do you even quantify that?

7 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

If we ranked top 50 problems with the Angels, not possible Jose Molina would even get mentioned. 

That’s because the top 50 problems aren’t what’s important for moving forward.

I suspect it is a philosophical difference between Molina and the people in the front office that have never caught a game in the major leagues.

2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I'm confused. How is Molina "one of the best and most impactful catching coaches in baseball"? Is there like some sort of stat and rating system I didn't know about?

no idea. You should probably ask the person who tweeted that

Not just contract up and no renewal but apparently Molina was not offered a position elsewhere in the organization.  This is pure speculation but I think if he had been offered a different job he would have mentioned it.  Let’s see who Molina’s replacement is.  Better be good.  Actually, where’s the defense, catching and pitching?

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Here's an issue I have with the Angels organization: they don't even have a catching coordinator for the minors. They have a pitching coordinator, hitting coordinator, infield coordinator, and outfield coordinator but no catching coordinator. Why?

You're teeing up a hilarious yacht joke.

51 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

"Here's a little more...if you subscribe to this website"

Here's what you missed....  They repeated a Molina quote from 2019, and state that the Angels refused to comment....  That was it and another old quote from Mianasian about the team taking a look at every facet of what happened in 2021.

That article was a huge nothing-burger

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Here's what you missed....  They repeated a Molina quote from 2019, and state that the Angels refused to comment....  That was it and another old quote from Mianasian about the team taking a look at every facet of what happened in 2021.

That article was a huge nothing-burger

The best part of this article was the first comment...     I'm guessing thinking this is a bad thing is "ignorant and reactionary" but he thinks Suzuki would be a fine coach....   

John P.
44m ago
I really am shocked by the ignorance and reactionary spiraling over this move I have seen on Twitter. I suspect maybe Suzuki will retire and move to coaching.
Angels fans are reaching Mariner fan levels of special..