• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Some baseball card fun...

Deek

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’ve got a 1:10 signed Russell Wilson rookie card. 15 or so psa 10 Kobe rookies, psa 10 arod rookie. Bgs pristine Lebron rookie. 

I used to love buying the new bowman and tops chrome box sets every year to get new batches of rookies. 

Damn you’re sitting on a decent pile of cash

41 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’ve got a 1:10 signed Russell Wilson rookie card. 15 or so psa 10 Kobe rookies, psa 10 arod rookie. Bgs pristine Lebron rookie. 

I used to love buying the new bowman and tops chrome box sets every year to get new batches of rookies. 

I only have one Kobe and it’s an SGC 8 I think. 

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I've got 9 will clark rookies. Willing to part with them for $1000. Fuck it. $900. $100 each. #Stealingfromme

Back in the late ‘80s, I had a buddy that was stoked he got a Will Clark ‘84 Topps Traded. I think he paid $10. I had to tell him that I had that set and they didn’t make a card for him. We were at a show a week later and most tables had the fake card at $1.

Just now, Duren, Duren said:

P_20211014_230429_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.e117163aa0f8916888854a594b5c91aa.jpg

P_20211014_230612_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20211014_230339_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20211014_230354_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20211014_230402_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20211014_230418_vHDR_Auto.jpg

I have been a collector for a long time of many things in many categories. Here are some of my baseball things. 

Autographed cards of every single Expos player from 1981. Plus other personnel. Some ticket stubs from games I went to personally that year. 

A signed Trout jersey. 

A small 1961 Yankee mix of vintage cards and autographs of Mantle, Maris and Tracy Stallard, who served up homer #61. 

A signed picture of Mantle, Mays, Snider. " Willie, Mickey and the Duke" of fifties New York centerfield fame.  In front are a few balls I caught or scrambled after at major league games. 

I used to have complete Topps baseball sets from 1958 - 1963 but like an idiot sold them a number if years ago. 

Hockey autographs are my main collection/investment. Hundreds of those. And hundreds of 'golden age' movie autographs. 

I'll share more pix during the off season. 

What something is worth and what you actually can get for it are entirely different. Good luck picking the right time for buying or selling. 

Signed Jerseys are also a solid investment and nice for displays. I have a few from various sports. I also try to mix them with stadium seat backs or stadium used cushions. These are from teams I followed as a kid and mostly still do. Other than the Yankees, who are of historical interest to me. 

Signed Bobby Richardson jersey and Yankee Stadium seat back. Signed Joe Montana jersey and Candlestick park seat.

Signed Montreal Canadiens jersey from Jean Beliveau and Rocket Richard and Montreal Forum seat bottom. Tim Raines signed Expos jersey and Expos seat cushion. 

USC 4 Heisman winners signed. Simpson, Allen, Garrett, White. 1970 Rosebowl seat cushion. Lakers Chick Hearn honored jersey. Signed by Abdul Jabber, Johnson, Wilkes, Worthy, Cooper. Vintage Laker girls signed picture. No Fabulous Forum seat anywhere. 

And the Trout jersey is in my previous picture.

I'be bought and sold many others as my mood changes and other options become available. I prefer multi signed stuff if possible but the individuals are important.

P_20211015_001929_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20211015_002000_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20211015_002029_vHDR_Auto.jpg

I have a number of autographed photos and baseballs...

Some HOFers, I have... Bob Gibson, Ralph Kiner, Ferguson Jenkins, Bob Feller, Eddie Murray, Rollie Fingers, Harmon Killebrew, Frank Robinson, Tom Seaver, Dave Winfield, Don Sutton, Tony Gwynn, Vlad Guerrero, Trevor Hoffman, Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew, Mike Piazza, George Brett, Frank Thomas Albert Pujols (future HOF), Mike Trout (GOAT)

I also have some who are a far cry from the HOF.... Trevor Reckling, Brandon Wood, Dallas McPherson, John Mayberry, Jr., Gary Matthews, Jr.

Some favorites and other notables... Raul Ibanez, Edgar Martinez, Garvey/Lopez/Russell/Cey, Billy Wagner, Jimmy Rollins, Don Newcombe, Andrew McCuthen, Ryan Braun, David Wright, Michael Young, Scott Rolen, Kirk Gibson, Orel Hershiser, Mike Cameron, Eric Young, Jake Peavy...

Some favorite Angels auto's... Joe Saunders, Jered Weaver, Tim Salmon (most everyone from 2002 team), Kendrys Morales, Jeff Mathis, Torii Hunter, Mike Napoli, Doug DeCines, Gary DiSarina (don't tell IP), Kelvim Escobar, Ken Forsch, Eli Grba, Bobby Abreu, Mark Langston, Paul Byrd, Jim Abbott, Chuck Finley, Howie Kendrick, Mike Scioscia, HIdeki Matsui, Juan Rivea, Kirk McCaskill, Orlando Cabrera, ...

I even have Nick Adenhart.

I have somewhere around 200 signed baseballs, tons of photos, tickets, etc.  I always tried to get photos personalized.  Never looked at this stuff as an investment - pure hobby.

Some autos I don't have, but would like to get... Troy Tulowitzki, Evan Longoria, Nolan Ryan, Shohei Ohtani, Ichiro, and I'm sure there are others. 

Many of the autos have a story tied to them.. and that was the fun part.

Edited by True Grich

I have a signed angel jersey thats got a total random mix. Lots of guys from 2004/5, then a bunch from circa 2010-2014. 

I forgot whos all on it, but know it has vlad, pujols and trout.... which as an angel fan standpoint is kind of cool

I doubt i could get anything for it.... none of it is certified. And i have nowhere to hang it, or at least nowhere I want to. Just sitting in a box, will probably end up with the coroner when they find me dead someday

Never sleep naked by the way. 

On 10/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, tdawg87 said:

I have a signed Jaime Barria baseball that I got while drunk at 11 am. @Chuckster70 can vouch for me.

@stormngt the bidding starts at 

Just bring in pitchers who performs better and I will shut the fuck up!  All of your studying of metrics ignores the fact that we have had worse litchers starting more inning than him.

I do not think the guy is great.  But we have been throwing worse out there hoping they will do better 

47 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Just bring in pitchers who performs better and I will shut the fuck up!  All of your studying of metrics ignores the fact that we have had worse litchers starting more inning than him.

I do not think the guy is great.  But we have been throwing worse out there hoping they will do better 

Whoa man, I was just taking a light jab.