• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread NL Division games

Yes, it was a blown call. Scherzer was likely getting him out anyway but it sucks that a blown call ended rather than a legit strikeout. Baseball needs to add replay for check swing calls now. At least there was no runner at 3rd and it wasn't in Dodger stadium. Braves/Dodgers and Red Sox/Astros now.

5 minutes ago, daygloman said:

The Dodgers were probably gonna win anyway.... 

But that was one fucked up call by the first base umpire. 

Agreed. I don't think the Giants score off Scherzer and the dude was down in the count and having a terrible playoffs. It's just extremely unfortunate that human error ended the game rather than a legit strikeout or any other kind of out.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

That's how it's always been called. I don't feel like googling for an official MLB rulebook because I don't really care.

It’s because there isn’t a rule... people have used a lot of things as a rule of thumb but the rule only says it’s up to the umpires discretion if he thinks the batter attempted to hit the ball.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It’s because there isn’t a rule... people have used a lot of things as a rule of thumb but the rule only says it’s up to the umpires discretion if he thinks the batter attempted to hit the ball.

Well then I'm not sure what is taking baseball so long. They obviously are okay with how it's setup.