• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Off-season Predictions

Fletch Fan

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I do. 

But I've always tempered it by saying we don't have their data in order to know where to place the blame.

Ok. That's fair.

I do think part of the issue is that they played a lot of players who just aren't good defensively. (Pujols, Rojas, Mayfield, Gosselin, Upton, Eaton, etc.) I think a lot of the good teams make up for sub-par individual defense by good defensive positioning.

Some improvement has to be made in one aspect at the very least. Ideally, you get better defensive players and you improve the defensive positioning. Realistically, you at least shore up one of those two aspects. Even if Fletch thinks the Angels positioning isn't that bad, I think it can be acknowledged that it's not a huge strength (which you'd want it to be).

15 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Ok. That's fair.

I do think part of the issue is that they played a lot of players who just aren't good defensively. (Pujols, Rojas, Mayfield, Gosselin, Upton, Eaton, etc.) I think a lot of the good teams make up for sub-par individual defense by good defensive positioning.

Some improvement has to be made in one aspect at the very least. Ideally, you get better defensive players and you improve the defensive positioning. Realistically, you at least shore up one of those two aspects. Even if Fletch thinks the Angels positioning isn't that bad, I think it can be acknowledged that it's not a huge strength (which you'd want it to be).

The defensive situation is a cause of extreme pessimism for me. 

They can obviously improve the OF defense in house.  Third should be better with a healthy Rendon, and removing Suzuki should have as positive an impact as removing AP did.  But other than changes at SS/Back up catcher they will likely be returning a lot of the same people.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You don’t have all the data they have. 

Hey fletch, have you ever seen any of those little alignment cards the players carry with them while they’re in the field playing defense? And if so, what’s on them?

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

there's a certain elegant simplicity to this. thank you.

so @Jeff Fletcher would it be out-of-bounds for a journalist to ask about these? i'd guess the info on them rather guarded, but i'm really curious what they look like.

Sure. I could ask. I just never thought it was that interesting. It’s a card that tells them where to play.