• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vasgersian to possibly increase his role with the Angels?

"“I decided to call it a wrap on ‘Sunday Night Baseball,’” Vasgersian said when reached by The Post. “I can’t do everything I enjoy with MLB Network and the Angels, while still being away for nearly 30 weekends a year.” 

This still sounds like he won't be a full-time guy here, though.  If he's not, I'm personally fine with letting him go and getting someone else--but clearly that doesn't seem to be what's going to happen.

Imagine being the suits at ESPN and having to come to grips with the idea of A-Rod taking a more prominent role on their broadcasts... Lol.

The dude started off and he was fine, it wss actually surprising how not awful he was.  But as time has passed and he's grown more comfortable he's become a joke...  The guy is the king of the "yeah no shit' comments... Last night he dropped the amazingly insightful "you can't measure exit velocity if you do t make contact".   Dude is the most vapid announcer currently on the air.

He had a hilarious comment about the Yankees' "bully offense" last night too.  They ran out 6 guys with an OPS+ under 100 and he termed them a bully offense...  Comedy gold.

Was Matt Vasgersian physically "in the booth" with Gubi once the entire season or was it all from a remote location? Regardless, I would love it if he had a more permanent role for the Angels next season and was actually on site with our broadcast team but it looks like MLB Network will still have him for some broadcasts as well.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Imagine being the suits at ESPN and having to come to grips with the idea of A-Rod taking a more prominent role on their broadcasts... Lol.

The dude started off and he was fine, it wss actually surprising how not awful he was.  But as time has passed and he's grown more comfortable he's become a joke...  The guy is the king of the "yeah no shit' comments... Last night he dropped the amazingly insightful "you can't measure exit velocity if you do t make contact".   Dude is the most vapid announcer currently on the air.

He had a hilarious comment about the Yankees' "bully offense" last night too.  They ran out 6 guys with an OPS+ under 100 and he termed them a bully offense...  Comedy gold.

I switched to the 'statcast' broadcast after about 5 minutes.  I actually didn't mind Arod early on.  Now he's insufferable.  

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/07/matt-vasgersian-hopes-to-broadcast-more-angels-games-next-season/

Vasgersian called about 60 Angels games this season, and he’s hoping to increase that to 80 to 90 next season, he said. He and Bally Sports West are still working out the details for next season.

Returning to a local broadcast after years of working on national platforms was just as enjoyable as Vasgersian expected it to be when he took the Angels job before the season.

“It just feels better to be able to root,” Vasgersian said. “I believe this firmly: us vs. them is much more enjoyable than them vs. them. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. The appeal of baseball is only as strong as its regional value. While there will always be a place for a national presentation of the game – MLB Network and ESPN – it’s all about the regions. They care about baseball the most.”

On 10/7/2021 at 12:06 AM, HaloBronco said:

Matt's fine, Rich Waltz was fine. My preference is for consistency. 

We need stability, a familiar voice and a good story teller, someone who tells the story of how a baseball season unfolds.   

I don't need the same crew for every game.  I'd rather hear Vasgersian half of the time than not at all.