• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to require vaccinations for all minor league players starting in 2022

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

First, I appreciate how civil you guys have kept this and I've enjoyed the insight into peoples opinions but FFS, I just keep hearing "Hang the DJ, hang the DJ" as I read along. 

Damn you Morrissey and your catchy meloncholy!

The Smiths were one of my old favorites that I still revisit if the mood strikes me. Also from that era, The The and New Order, and occasionally a touch of The Cure, Dead Can Dance, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, etc. Youtube is a lot of fun for watching/listening to old stuff.

32 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Smiths were one of my old favorites that I still revisit if the mood strikes me. Also from that era, The The and New Order, and occasionally a touch of The Cure, Dead Can Dance, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, etc. Youtube is a lot of fun for watching/listening to old stuff.

The The (Matt Johnson) was a criminally underrated dude.   

Speaking of youtube and old acts...  This guy covers pretty much acts from every era, he does deep dives on the history of some classic songs/ songwriters.   This one is about the Smiths and "How Soon is Now"...

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

First, I appreciate how civil you guys have kept this and I've enjoyed the insight into peoples opinions but FFS, I just keep hearing "Hang the DJ, hang the DJ" as I read along. 

Damn you Morrissey and your catchy meloncholy!

BTW, I grew up loving The Smiths & Morrissey until I finally got a chance to see him live a few years back and completely shit the bed on stage & turned his “music concert” into a political tirade and meat is murder campaign. F that guy & his music. 

I wasted $500 for front row tix.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

BTW, I grew up loving The Smiths & Morrissey until I finally got a chance to see him live a few years back and completely shit the bed on stage & turned his “music concert” into a political tirade and meat is murder campaign. F that guy & his music. 

He's been that way for a long time now...   There was always messaging in his musuc/lyrics but he's gotten really bad I agree.  His complaining about being lampooned by the Simpson's was pretty hilarious.

But ill always love the Morrissey/Marr era.

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's anti-vax and anti-immigrant now. Maybe you should listen again. 

41 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Speaking of youtube and old acts...  This guy covers pretty much acts from every era, he does deep dives on the history of some classic songs/ songwriters.   This one is about the Smiths and "How Soon is Now"...

I watched a video about the guitar riff at the beginning of "How Soon Is Now," talking about how innovative it was. But yeah, agree about Matt Johnson. Super talented. 

Interesting and comparatively lucid discussion. We in Canada face much more draconian Government mandates. Which is another story for another time.

It's the side effects that are worrisome. Especially for those with existing medical conditions.  My wife (otherwise totally healthy)  had a lump on her collarbone immediately after taking the Moderna jab. Forced by her work to get a second she took the Pfizer. We shall see what the future brings. Do the benefits outweigh the risks? Can everyone be evaluated by the same criteria? 

Normally a lot more due diligence and testing is done before confidence in the efficacy of a new substance can be assured. Especially when worldwide  mass inoculation is basically demanded. 

And what happens after more time passes and unforseen consequences possibly emerge? For those who have or haven't taken the shots, it looks like this will be a constant ongoing mystery. 

43 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

What did you expect? That's been their entire career.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Spiritual beliefs are a way of interpreting phenomena, just as with any ideological perspective - including that of orthodox science.

One person sees "toxins" another "demons." Who cares, if they know how to treat it.

Anyhow, I don't follow the advice of the FLD, just citing them as examples of MDs who aren't for the vaccines. There are tons others, as well as other folks whose advice I do take serious, but aren't "reputable," according to Taylor.

You're backtracking now. The FLD isn't just a group of dissenting doctors. They're politically motivated nutjobs.

Even if there are a couple "reputable" doctors who are suspicious of the COVID vaccine, they are in the fringe minority. Why do you think that is? It's kind of like the handful of scientists who deny human-made climate change, and so conservatives latch onto them and say, "See?! There's disagreement in the scientific community. Therefore, it's all a hoax!"

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also, I mean, the band literally had an album called "Meat is Murder," so I'm not sure why you seem to have been surprised by any of this.  

I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl a couple years ago with Billy Idol opening for him.  Great show. 

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Also, I mean, the band literally had an album called "Meat is Murder," so I'm not sure why you seem to have been surprised by any of this.  

I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl a couple years ago with Billy Idol opening for him.  Great show. 

I know all about Meat is Murder. He threw a tantrum on stage for 30 min because an event worker was eating a hotdog backstage and the smell made him sick and outraged.

I didn’t pay 500 bucks to listen to his shit and ranting about Trump for 45 of the first 60 min of the show. I walked out .

23 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

My sister and brother in law saw him and he didn’t pull the same shit. Said it was a great show as well. 

I’ve heard his shows are either great or if he’s in a bad mood or had too much to drink he’s awful and goes on political tirades. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know all about Meat is Murder. He threw a tantrum on stage for 30 min because an event worker was eating a hotdog backstage and the smell made him sick and outraged.

I didn’t pay 500 bucks to listen to his shit and ranting about Trump for 45 of the first 60 min of the show. I walked out .

Lol. You sound like a snowflake...

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure it's in his rider that no meat products are to served or eaten wherever he performs.  If that was the case at the venue you were at, that's kinda on the worker. 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

While I think people should be vaccinated, mandates are dumb. 

I expect a lot of players to be suspended over this crap. 

If people don't want to vaccinate, that should ultimately be their choice. You can't force people into it. Not even a political issue, really.

💯%

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol. You sound like a snowflake...

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure it's in his rider that no meat products are to served or eaten wherever he performs.  If that was the case at the venue you were at, that's kinda on the worker. 

Ha, snowflake? I was looking forward to the concert. I spent good money on a band I loved growing up and ended up being a giant shit on my investment. 

Next time you order a nice $500 dinner at the French Laundry and your meat is over cooked, your wine is bottom shelf and the service sucks, you sure as shit better not complain. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Ha, snowflake? I was looking forward to the concert. I spent good money on a band I loved growing up and ended up being a giant shit on my investment. 

Next time you order a nice $500 dinner at the French Laundry and your meat is over cooked, your wine is bottom shelf and the service sucks, you sure as shit better not complain. 

That French Laundry dinner cost California taxpayers $300M.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Love The The’s Kingdom of Rain 12’ remix & Uncertain Smile. 

4 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It is interesting how natural immunity is completely ignored. In Germany, and I imagine a lot of other countries, there is accommodation for successful recovery/antibodies when making policies. But then again, catching COVID, experiencing light symptoms that don't require treatment, and recovering naturally requires the least dependence on the healthcare system and is therefore the least profitable, so it makes sense. 

E98F8EEA-9D59-4C18-B1BF-7496C188C331.jpeg

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Interesting and comparatively lucid discussion. We in Canada face much more draconian Government mandates. Which is another story for another time.

It's the side effects that are worrisome. Especially for those with existing medical conditions.  My wife (otherwise totally healthy)  had a lump on her collarbone immediately after taking the Moderna jab. Forced by her work to get a second she took the Pfizer. We shall see what the future brings. Do the benefits outweigh the risks? Can everyone be evaluated by the same criteria? 

Normally a lot more due diligence and testing is done before confidence in the efficacy of a new substance can be assured. Especially when worldwide  mass inoculation is basically demanded. 

And what happens after more time passes and unforseen consequences possibly emerge? For those who have or haven't taken the shots, it looks like this will be a constant ongoing mystery. 

It’s a complex issue and some people are not suited for theses vaccines.  But they work for most and if you look at the numbers….  I’m at risk so I got the vaccine but if I didn’t believe I was at risk it might be a different story.

on the other hand I’ve worked with docs that were focused on public health so I definitely get that side as well.