• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to require vaccinations for all minor league players starting in 2022

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

There's a difference between the "horse paste/de-wormer" version of ivermectin and the version that has been approved for/used on humans.  People have essentially been "over-dosing" because they're too stupid to realize that the dosages for the two versions are very different.  That's the danger in people listening to these crackpots who are pushing ivermectin.

Absolutely, but the narrative that I've heard at least has been exclusively "haha horse dewormer what a bunch of idiots lol." I've yet to hear "Ivermectin may help but make sure to seek the advice of a doctor who can prescribe it in the proper dose." So it's just low-effort talking points from each side. 

It would be nice to actually be presented with information and allowed to make the decision ourselves, but instead we have both sides going nuts followed by mandates. Yes the majority of people in this country, regardless of political affiliation, are complete idiots, but for the remainder it would be nice to have some autonomy.    

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Absolutely, but the narrative that I've heard at least has been exclusively "haha horse dewormer what a bunch of idiots lol." I've yet to hear "Ivermectin may help but make sure to seek the advice of a doctor who can prescribe it in the proper dose." So it's just low-effort talking points from each side. 

It would be nice to actually be presented with information and allowed to make the decision ourselves, but instead we have both sides going nuts followed by mandates. Yes the majority of people in this country, regardless of political affiliation, are complete idiots, but for the remainder it would be nice to have some autonomy.    

Regardless, ivermectin doesn't help prevent COVID (at least not that I've seen): it may have some use as a treatment once you get COVID.  That's a separate issue from the vaccine, which is preventative and a mitigator.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Again, neither of these line up with the covid vaccine in any meaningful way.

I personally don't think that seatbelts should be mandated, even if they obviously save lives. 

As for your second one, that's just silly and has no relationship to vaccines.

The better analogy would be helmet laws.  You can debate whether there should be helmet laws for motorcycles.  But with the Covid vaccine they want everyone to be mandated to get the vaccine.

We don’t mandate people driving inside SUVs wear helmets.  Why?  They are not in the same risk group for head injuries as motorcycle riders.

With Covid, especially now with many good treatments available if you do get it, not everyone is even close to being in the same risk group.  If you are not over 70 and you are not obese, then your risk is minuscule.

We don’t see pro-helmet motorcycle riders demanding people driving SUVs wear helmets.

So why do we see vaccinated people demanding 15 year olds get vaccinated?

And the tired argument that the 15 year old needs to vaccinated to protect the obese 70 year olds is just absurd.  The vaccine is available and free so the 70 year obese person can get them self vaccinated.

The only reason to get the vaccination is that you believe it will protect you when you get exposed to the virus.  The vaccine is not supposed to prevent you from being exposed.  It is the exact opposite.

Hey if we all wear helmets, including SUV drivers, then nobody on a motorcycle will ever get into an accident!

I'm wondering what the repercussions are if an MLB player refuses to get the vaccine?  Is he suspended without pay?  Is he on the IL, in which he'll get paid? 

I think this will play into the decision of a lot of players who draw a line in the sand between "I don't want the vaccine because I've already had COVID and don't feel it's necessary because I probably have the antibodies already" and the group who's stance is "Eff the government.  It's my body and I'm not getting the vaccine because government mandates suck" group.

Kind of like what's going on with several large organizations right now.

Edited by PattyD22

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

See my previous post. The "science behind the COVID vaccine" is disputed by many scientists, doctors, nurses, and other health practitioners. But those disputes are censored and/or labeled as "conspiracy theory" or "pseudoscience" by those, such as yourself, who trust the mainstream media. 

This isn't about whether or not somebody "trusts the science," but whether or not someone trusts media and the anointed spokespeople for the science, e.g. Fauci, Gupta, Wen, etc.

The issue of Covid has been highly politicized, and at this point it's about the media/government narrative. The "science is settled" line is said to shut up any questions or reservations about the experimental mRNA treatment which is not a real vaccine. The media also covers up much of the adverse effects reported by many, many people. Deaths too, shortly following the jab.

Anyway, that's all for the political forum to argue over infinitum.

Biden wants 98% of the population (his words) to get the shot, so MLB is simply following along.

If they're requiring the 'vaccine' I'm assuming that will include all the follow-up boosters which you just know are coming down the pike.

This thing will have no end. And just on a tangent here...there are real scientists who believe that the frenzy for vaccines and boosters might actually be helping the virus to mutate as evolution takes over and variants develop to survive the vaccines. Kind of like antibiotics, which have been overprescribed and abused, thus  helping to create "superbugs".

10 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I'm wondering what the repercussions are if an MLB player refuses to get the vaccine?  Is he suspended without pay?  Is he on the IL, in which he'll get paid? 

I think this will play into the decision of a lot of players who draw a line in the sand between "I don't want the vaccine because I've already had COVID and don't feel it's necessary because I probably have the antibodies already" and the group who's stance is "Eff the government.  It's my body and I'm not getting the vaccine because government mandates suck" group.

Kind of like what's going on with several large organizations right now.

It is interesting how natural immunity is completely ignored. In Germany, and I imagine a lot of other countries, there is accommodation for successful recovery/antibodies when making policies. But then again, catching COVID, experiencing light symptoms that don't require treatment, and recovering naturally requires the least dependence on the healthcare system and is therefore the least profitable, so it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.  Come on, man.  Really?  Their most well-known member is Stella Immanuel, who is certifiably batshit crazy.

"Immanuel's medical claims are sometimes combined with her spiritual beliefs: she believes many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with succubi and incubi, and receiving demon sperm; and that endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by spirit spouses.[2][11] In a 2015 sermon, Immanuel said space alien DNA is used in medical treatments and that "reptilian spirits" and other extraterrestrials run the U.S. government.[11][12] The same year, she also said Illuminati are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, children's toys, and media, including Harry Potter, Pokémon, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana. In another 2015 sermon, she said scientists are developing vaccines to stop people from being religious.[2][11]"

Spiritual beliefs are a way of interpreting phenomena, just as with any ideological perspective - including that of orthodox science.

One person sees "toxins" another "demons." Who cares, if they know how to treat it.

Anyhow, I don't follow the advice of the FLD, just citing them as examples of MDs who aren't for the vaccines. There are tons others, as well as other folks whose advice I do take serious, but aren't "reputable," according to Taylor.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.  Come on, man.  Really?  Their most well-known member is Stella Immanuel, who is certifiably batshit crazy.

"Immanuel's medical claims are sometimes combined with her spiritual beliefs: she believes many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with succubi and incubi, and receiving demon sperm; and that endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by spirit spouses.[2][11] 

(Makes note to download some alice cooper music)