• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to require vaccinations for all minor league players starting in 2022

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

How do you feel about public schools mandating that children be vaccinated against measles, whooping cough, etc. (like they've been doing for almost 100 years)?

Up pops this junior high school debate team talking point again...

The first public school mandates for vaccination were for smallpox in the 1920s.  Which was: 1) multiple orders of magnitude more deadly a disease for younger age groups, 2) a disease with no animal reservoirs (therefore possible to eradicate), and 3) more than 100 years after Edward Jenner started vaccinating people for smallpox via cowpox.

Also, each of the MMR vaccine components mandated today only became mandated at least 6 years after a non-accelerated FDA trial and approval process.

(Measles, mumps, and rubella also all being orders of magnitude more dangerous than SARS-CoV2 to the younger age groups.)

There are tens of millions of people who happily got their children MMR vaccines but reject the idea of mandating this vaccine.  It is a reasonable position to take.  They are not the knuckle-dragging idiots you imagine them to be.

I'd be curious if you think there is no animal reservoir for SARS-CoV2?  If so, you're calling Fauci a liar, as he subscribes to the bat origin theory.  If not, you are acknowledging vaccine mandates are futile since eradication is impossible.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The greater good doesn't have to mean former Soviet Union or Nazi Germany level actions.  I look at it as more of a pragmatic approach to certain things so greater good probably isn't the best choice of words if it's being applied to extreme actions made in the past.

Debatable. We'll see over the next few years/decades where this actually goes, but it quickly gets into an argument over the subjectivity of morality, etc etc. Banning junk food and soda would be pragmatic as it has no value whatsoever and having a healthier populace would benefit the greater good, but that's not happening. 

3 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Up pops this junior high school debate team talking point again...

The first public school mandates for vaccination were for smallpox in the 1920s.  Which was: 1) multiple orders of magnitude more deadly a disease for younger age groups, 2) a disease with no animal reservoirs (therefore possible to eradicate), and 3) more than 100 years after Edward Jenner started vaccinating people for smallpox via cowpox.

Also, each of the MMR vaccine components mandated today only became mandated at least 6 years after a non-accelerated FDA trial and approval process.

(Measles, mumps, and rubella also all being orders of magnitude more dangerous than SARS-CoV2 to the younger age groups.)

There are tens of millions of people who happily got their children MMR vaccines but reject the idea of mandating this vaccine.  It is a reasonable position to take.  They are not the knuckle-dragging idiots you imagine them to be.

I'd be curious if you think there is no animal reservoir for SARS-CoV2?  If so, you're calling Fauci a liar, as he subscribes to the bat origin theory.  If not, you are acknowledging vaccine mandates are futile since eradication is impossible.

I definitely understand the fear of the COVID vaccine but acceptance of other time-tested vaccines. I don't know anything about animal reserves or some of the other stuff you mentioned. I appreciate the info and will add it to my mental docket.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

MDs are much more reputable than chiropractors, for instance. Chiropractors aren't medical doctors. Nurses are similarly not really experts in medicine. Their job is incredibly important and they provide an invaluable service by providing medical care, but they're not nearly as educated as doctors.

96% of doctors have gotten the vaccine. Doesn't that tell you something? Or perhaps that number is made up by big pharma. Or perhaps all doctors get some kind of kickback from vaccines being taken.

I'm curious to see some links about ivermectin's success in Israel and India. Please provide.

Just google it. I don't want to provide links, in case you say, "LOL at freedomeagle.us." There's a lot out there, some fringy, some more "reputable."

For MDs, look at Robert Malone or Michael Yeadon, or America's Frontline Doctors. There are a bunch of others.

I tend to be a natural medicine type, so I don't consider MDs inherently more reputable than "alternative" practitioners. It really is on a case-by-case basis, for me at least.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Just google it. I don't want to provide links, in case you say, "LOL at freedomeagle.us." There's a lot out there, some fringy, some more "reputable."

For MDs, look at Robert Malone or Michael Yeadon, or America's Frontline Doctors. There are a bunch of others.

I tend to be a natural medicine type, so I don't consider MDs inherently more reputable than "alternative" practitioners. It really is on a case-by-case basis, for me at least.

I understand the interest in natural and Eastern medicine. I think there's a healthy balance between traditional Western medicine and natural medicine.

By the way, I went ahead and looked up America's Frontline Doctors.

Screenshot_20211006-143425.jpg

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

LOL.  Come on, man.  Really?  Their most well-known member is Stella Immanuel, who is certifiably batshit crazy.

"Immanuel's medical claims are sometimes combined with her spiritual beliefs: she believes many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with succubi and incubi, and receiving demon sperm; and that endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by spirit spouses.[2][11] In a 2015 sermon, Immanuel said space alien DNA is used in medical treatments and that "reptilian spirits" and other extraterrestrials run the U.S. government.[11][12] The same year, she also said Illuminati are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, children's toys, and media, including Harry Potter, Pokémon, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana. In another 2015 sermon, she said scientists are developing vaccines to stop people from being religious.[2][11]"

p.s. to @Taylor. You might be interested in looking up the covid drug that Pfizer is developing. It sounds awfully, suspiciously similar to invermectin (thus the "Pfizermectin" jokes going around).

The media piles on ivermectin ("horse de-wormer") despite the fact that billions of doses have been administered worldwide with virtually no adverse effects, and the drug actually won a Nobel prize a few years ago. This doesn't mean it works for covid, but there are reasons to believe it can help (e.g. India).

Meanwhile, Pfizer is developing a covid drug that is very similar. They can't make money off of ivermectin, but they can make boatloads off of "Pfizermectin."

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Robert Yeardon:...

Okay, this pisses me off. My wife has a condition that causes actual infertility, so people using the threat of infertility as a scare tactic is heinous and depraved.

Again, don't take Wikipedia as a source of real information. It is good for an overview, but is highly biased.

Also, it isn't a "scare tactic" if it is actually true. 

My recommendation is to listen to what these folks actually say, rather than read about them on Wikipedia or the Daily Beast.

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

p.s. to @Taylor. You might be interested in looking up the covid drug that Pfizer is developing. It sounds awfully, suspiciously similar to invermectin (thus the "Pfizermectin" jokes going around).

The media piles on ivermectin ("horse de-wormer") despite the fact that billions of doses have been administered worldwide with virtually no adverse effects, and the drug actually won a Nobel prize a few years ago. This doesn't mean it works for covid, but there are reasons to believe it can help (e.g. India).

Meanwhile, Pfizer is developing a covid drug that is very similar. They can't make money off of ivermectin, but they can make boatloads off of "Pfizermectin."

Always has been about the money. The whole vaccine vs. vaccine alternative debate has always been a battle over market share, since it looks like COVID will be around for a while and represents a massive cash cow. And there is certainly no guarantee that the most effective treatment will win, as is the case in any other industry. 

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

There's a difference between the "horse paste/de-wormer" version of ivermectin and the version that has been approved for/used on humans.  People have essentially been "over-dosing" because they're too stupid to realize that the dosages for the two versions are very different.  That's the danger in people listening to these crackpots who are pushing ivermectin.

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Always has been about the money. The whole vaccine vs. vaccine alternative debate has always been a battle over market share, since it looks like COVID will be around for a while and represents a massive cash cow. And there is certainly no guarantee that the most effective treatment will win, as is the case in any other industry. 

Yup. I think it may go beyond that into so-called "conspiracy theory" stuff, but I don't think that is needed to be dubious of the mainstream narrative, or to question the vaccine.

"Anti-vaxxers" aren't one monolithic group. Some are traditional scientists like Malone et al, who aren't opposed to vaccines but just the MRNA technology. Others are natural medicine oriented who have a very different understanding about the nature of health and the immune system. Still others are libertarians and conservatives who are distrustful of Big Government, especially when the libs are in charge. And then, of course, there are the orthodox religious folks. And others, besides.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

There's a difference between the "horse paste/de-wormer" version of ivermectin and the version that has been approved for/used on humans.  People have essentially been "over-dosing" because they're too stupid to realize that the dosages for the two versions are very different.  That's the danger in people listening to these crackpots who are pushing ivermectin.

I'm not sure if the medicine is any different, just the dosage.

On the other hand, I'd counter with: If big pharma wasn't so greedy, and the political-media so beholden to their corporate interests, then the "stupid people" would have better, clear guidance on how to use invermectin appropriately.

Also, very few people "overdosed" on ivermectin. That story was proven to be false, or at least blown way out of proportion.

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

LOL.  Come on, man.  Really?  Their most well-known member is Stella Immanuel, who is certifiably batshit crazy.

"Immanuel's medical claims are sometimes combined with her spiritual beliefs: she believes many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with succubi and incubi, and receiving demon sperm; and that endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by spirit spouses.[2][11] In a 2015 sermon, Immanuel said space alien DNA is used in medical treatments and that "reptilian spirits" and other extraterrestrials run the U.S. government.[11][12] The same year, she also said Illuminati are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, children's toys, and media, including Harry Potter, Pokémon, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana. In another 2015 sermon, she said scientists are developing vaccines to stop people from being religious.[2][11]"

Yeah, I don't know how AJ could trust anything that comes from them. 

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Again, don't take Wikipedia as a source of real information. It is good for an overview, but is highly biased.

Also, it isn't a "scare tactic" if it is actually true. 

My recommendation is to listen to what these folks actually say, rather than read about them on Wikipedia or the Daily Beast.

So which is it? It's not true, or Wikipedia is misreporting what he said?

It's the same thing as autistic people being offended that people believe vaccines cause autism. The vast majority of autistic people dispute this false claim. I wonder why? Maybe they don't like their diagnosis being falsely used as a scare tactic.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yup. I think it may go beyond that into so-called "conspiracy theory" stuff, but I don't think that is needed to be dubious of the mainstream narrative, or to question the vaccine.

"Anti-vaxxers" aren't one monolithic group. Some are traditional scientists like Malone et al, who aren't opposed to vaccines but just the MRNA technology. Others are natural medicine oriented who have a very different understanding about the nature of health and the immune system. Still others are libertarians and conservatives who are distrustful of Big Government, especially when the libs are in charge. And then, of course, there are the orthodox religious folks. And others, besides.

QAnon also isn't a monolithic group.