• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to require vaccinations for all minor league players starting in 2022

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

I agree with Chuck, and I'm a lefty.

@Angelsjunky I have a bunch of lefty friends/family who are against vaccine mandates as well. This really isn't and shouldn't be a political issue. 

This is a personal choice discussion. Vaccine mandates are unconstitutional. 

A large volume of anti-vaxers are African Americans and from young healthy men/women of all races, all political preferences.

This is going to get fought in the higher courts. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Angelsjunky I have a bunch of lefty friends/family who are against vaccine mandates as well. This really isn't and shouldn't be a political issue. 

A large volume of anti-vaxers are African Americans and from young healthy men/women of all races, all political preferences.

How do you feel about public schools mandating that children be vaccinated against measles, whooping cough, etc. (like they've been doing for almost 100 years)?

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep, agreed. The way that it has been twisted to be political is just gross, and contrivance of the corporate media. The result has been that people on both sides of the political aisle unquestioning side with whatever "good opinion" is among their tribe.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yep, agreed. The way that it has been twisted to be political is just gross, and contrivance of the corporate media. The result has been that people on both sides of the political aisle unquestioning side with whatever "good opinion" is among their tribe.

Lol @ both sidesing this issue. The science behind the COVID vaccine is indisputable unless you're getting your information from conspiracy theory, pseudoscientific, and political pundit sources (and/or your chiropractor).

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

How do you feel about public schools mandating that children be vaccinated against measles, whooping cough, etc. (like they've been doing for almost 100 years)?

It is not the same thing, which you (should) know. It is well known that the vaccinated can get and spread the disease, and that isn't even getting into the worrisome data coming out of Israel, Singapore, and other highly vaxxed nations, or the fact that the vaccine's positive effect wanes after a few months, and perhaps most importantly, that we don't know its the long-term effects. Not to mention that the survival rate is over 99% for most demographics, despite how it is portrayed by the media. Etc etc.

By the way, I don't think those should be mandated. And furthermore, they can be bypassed via religious exemption, while the experimental covid drug therapy cannot, in most cases. Furthermore, un-vaxxed kids can be homeschooled, but you cannot homeschool your job, at least if it requires being around people.

Bottom line: it should be a personal choice, especially given the fact that the vaccine doesn't stop infection or transmission. Now if it did (which it doesn't) and if the death rate was much higher, then there might be a discussion to be had.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

One more question. When do you feel the government can step in and tell a business what it can and cannot do, and when should a government butt out?

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Cool.  Tell that to the various branches of the military, who've been requiring all kinds of vaccinations for decades.

MLB is a private business.  They can basically do whatever they want when it comes to requirements like this.  They'll be fine. 

And I love that "personal choice" gets brought up in a discussion like this.  Interesting how that position gets dismissed on certain other "controversial" topics, though...Hmmmmmm...

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is not the same thing, which you (should) know. It is well known that the vaccinated can get and spread the disease, and that isn't even getting into the worrisome data coming out of Israel, Singapore, and other highly vaxxed nations, or the fact that the vaccine's positive effect wanes after a few months, and perhaps most importantly, that we don't know its the long-term effects. Not to mention that the survival rate is over 99% for most demographics, despite how it is portrayed by the media. Etc etc.

By the way, I don't think those should be mandated. And furthermore, they can be bypassed via religious exemption, while the experimental covid drug therapy cannot, in most cases. Furthermore, un-vaxxed kids can be homeschooled, but you cannot homeschool your job, at least if it requires being around people.

Bottom line: it should be a personal choice, especially given the fact that the vaccine doesn't stop infection or transmission. Now if it did (which it doesn't) and if the death rate was much higher, then there might be a discussion to be had.

What are your sources for your beliefs on COVID and the vaccine? Because they are definitely not in line with the scientific consensus.

Just now, Taylor said:

One more question. When do you feel the government can step in and tell a business what it can and cannot do, and when should a government butt out?

I think the simple answer is obviously, "If the government does something I agree with, it's fine.  When they don't, they should butt out."

It's a laughable stance, really.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Lol @ both sidesing this issue. The science behind the COVID vaccine is indisputable unless you're getting your information from conspiracy theory, pseudoscientific, and political pundit sources (and/or your chiropractor).

See my previous post. The "science behind the COVID vaccine" is disputed by many scientists, doctors, nurses, and other health practitioners. But those disputes are censored and/or labeled as "conspiracy theory" or "pseudoscience" by those, such as yourself, who trust the mainstream media. 

This isn't about whether or not somebody "trusts the science," but whether or not someone trusts media and the anointed spokespeople for the science, e.g. Fauci, Gupta, Wen, etc.