• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 Playoff Predictions

mmc

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Hard to imagine Scherzer will have two straight sub-par games. But losing Muncy is a big blow for L.A.

The Giants first baseman Brandon Belt is also hurt. He fractured his thumb. He was having a great year too. So it looks like that will even things out a little even though Muncy is a better player.

22 minutes ago, mmc said:

ALWC: Yankees over Red Sox

NLWC: Dodgers over Cardinals

ALDS: Rays over Yankees, Astros over White Sox

NLDS: Giants over Dodgers, Braves over Brewers

ALCS: Rays over Astros

NLCS: Giants over Braves

WS: Rays over Giants

ALWC - Yanks

NLWC - LA

ALDS - Rays, Astros

NLDS - Giants, Braves

ALCS - Rays

NLCS - Giants

WS - Giants (I've always thought of the Rays as chokers)

I hate every team in the AL except the Rays.

The only team I hate in the NL is the Dodgers.

I'm good with the Rays facing anyone but the Dodgers and I don't care who wins.

but... the way things go, I doubt that will happen.

I'm picking the Cardinals to shock everyone and win the WS in 7 over the Rays.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Dodgers losing is always good 

It never gets old pointing out that their 2020 "title" has an asterisk next to it. I cannot imagine how much more fun it would be if they can't even win the Wild Card game this season. 

"Yeah, you guys won that 60-game mini season. But you couldn't win in a real season and you still can't." 

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

It never gets old pointing out that their 2020 "title" has an asterisk next to it. I cannot imagine how much more fun it would be if they can't even win the Wild Card game this season. 

"Yeah, you guys won that 60-game mini season. But you couldn't win in a real season and you still can't." 

This is lame. They legit won the World Series. Every team that was supposed to be in the playoffs last year was except the Marlins and they got eliminated right away. No asterisk. The Dodgers won the World Series in 2020 fair and square.

6 minutes ago, Justin said:

As Angel fans, we are in no position to say stuff like that. We can’t even get a winning record with the 2 best players in the league on the team 

Just now, beatlesrule said:

This is lame. They legit won the World Series. Every team that was supposed to be in the playoffs last year was except the Marlins and they got eliminated right away. No asterisk. The Dodgers won the World Series in 2020 fair and square.

This is probably correct.

Which is why it never gets old saying it to Dodgers fans. 

25 minutes ago, Justin said:

Past 55 years, the Dogs have ONE WS title in a normal season.

in my mind, split seasons of only 110 games long total and 60 game seasons aren’t true seasons.  Just glad to see baseball in 1981 and 2020.

Then you can royally piss off Dogs fans by saying that the Halos not only have the same # of WS titles in legit seasons since 1966, you can also say the Halos have the more recent legit WS title.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Past 55 years, the Dogs have ONE WS title in a normal season.

in my mind, split seasons of only 110 games long total and 60 game seasons aren’t true seasons.  Just glad to see baseball in 1981 and 2020.

I tend to agree with the people who think last year's title is real; it's just so much fun to remind my Dodgers friends - all of whom are scared the Giants will win the 4th title of the last dozen years - that it wasn't a real season. 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

ALWC: Yankees over Red Sox

NLWC: Dodgers over Cardinals

ALDS: Rays over Yankees, Astros over White Sox

NLDS: Giants over Dodgers, Braves over Brewers

ALCS: Rays over Astros

NLCS: Giants over Braves

WS: Rays over Giants

You're more optimistic than I am about Atlanta than I am. As a Braves fan since 1966, I am used to first round exits, even when the Braves carried the "best team in baseball" label. Not having Acuna, Jr. hurts. I thought that it would cost them the division, but it didn't.