• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cishek’s turnaround since August 1

Cishek pre August:

3.80 ERA, 1.58 WHIP

Cishek from August 1:

1.58 ERA, 1.24 WHIP

In my mind anyway, where Maddon went wrong was having too many finesse guys in the pen the first half of the season.

Then the Cishek’s aren’t as likely to fool the hitters, since they are used to seeing mostly finesse from the pen.

Once the Halos started switching out some mediocre finesse relievers for guys with better stuff, that may have been what Cishek needed?

I have no idea if there is anything to this but it at least feels like Cishek has been pitching better since it appears he is being used to start innings versus coming into the game to get out of jams, which he didn’t do often enough.  I have no stats to back that up, just my impression.  

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cishek pre August:

3.80 ERA, 1.58 WHIP

Cishek from August 1:

1.58 ERA, 1.24 WHIP

In my mind anyway, where Maddon went wrong was having too many finesse guys in the pen the first half of the season.

Then the Cishek’s aren’t as likely to fool the hitters, since they are used to seeing mostly finesse from the pen.

Once the Halos started switching out some mediocre finesse relievers for guys with better stuff, that may have been what Cishek needed?

I agree.

Idiot reverts to April-July 💩 control 💩Shek!

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cishek pre August:

3.80 ERA, 1.58 WHIP

Cishek from August 1:

1.58 ERA, 1.24 WHIP

DTxTlVx.jpg

A shame, because he has a really good hard hit balls %.

Just can’t throw freaking strikes often enough, own freaking worst enemy!

Here’s the kicker.

Before this season, he only averaged 3.5 BBs per 9 innings.

This season, it’s over 5 BBs per 9 innings.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Considering he had to go on bereavement list a couple weeks back for a few days, part of me wonders if there was something off-the-field that was weighing on him too. I know athletes need to put that stuff aside and give it their all 110% etc etc., but they're human and if the team sucks and isn't truly contending and you have a parent dying or something, yeah, might be hard to always be at peak level performance, even if you're intending to.

If the Angels wanted to bring him back next year for another 1/$1m deal and have him serve as like, the fourth-best high-lev option from the pen, I'd be fine with it because he has at times done well, he offers an extremely different look from most relievers, and at $1m, he fills a need really cheaply. I just don't want him to be arguably one of our go-to guys (with Mayers) after Iglesias. They need to get a couple relievers to move them down a peg.

Edited by totdprods

7 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:
(Turn around) every now and then I get a little bit terrified
And then I see the look in your eyes
(Turn around, bright eyes) every now and then I fall apart
(Turn around, bright eyes) every now and then I fall apart

Nice.  Thing is we really f-ing needed Cishek more than ever last night but he fell apart.

Herget looked good at times from a small sample. Possibly a solid middle inning guy if he can eat up more innings. They need to bring back Iglesias though as a real closer. The rest of the relievers will sort out, though some new faces need to be in the mix. Cishek can be good or bad, depending on control. But a patient hitter seems to be able to wait him out till he grooves a pitch. Might as well bring him back if he's cheap. 

33 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Herget looked good at times from a small sample. Possibly a solid middle inning guy if he can eat up more innings. They need to bring back Iglesias though as a real closer. The rest of the relievers will sort out, though some new faces need to be in the mix. Cishek can be good or bad, depending on control. But a patient hitter seems to be able to wait him out till he grooves a pitch. Might as well bring him back if he's cheap. 

Yes let's not ferget about Herget