• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It needs to be said

happybat4

8 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

Marsh needs to be the starting center fielder next year. Trout needs to move to left field. Let's hope Adell can be league average in right.

I think Marsh could be the one to do it.  I was thinking more of right though.  

Marsh is undoubtedly a better centerfielder, but even if he plays in left, he probably makes Trout better in center. Marsh in LF >>> Upton in LF. Probably Adell in LF > Upton in LF (if they put Marsh in RF).

Meaning, the difference between Trout/Marsh and Marsh/Trout in LF/CF is probably not huge, at least not next year. But dissing Trout could be problematic. If he's OK moving to LF, better yet. But for now, I think it is his choice.

Edited by Angelsjunky

4 minutes ago, wopphil said:

How is Marsh’s defense? I have watched very little baseball the last two months. His defensive metrics don’t suggest anything special. But for those who see him play regularly, how does he look in center? 

He glides to the ball, looks very confident.  He’s made an error or two.  To me he looks like an everyday center fielder.  

I don’t really care one way or another but the best center fielder should probably play center field.  Also, If there’s a case to be made that Mike Trout will be injured less doing something other than center field then he probably shouldn’t play center field.  I have no idea whether that is a real thing that matters or not.  I have to say, the angels situation for any one that cares should be a desperate effort to win the division and return the playoffs.  My presumption is that the pursuit of this team goal will spare mike trouts fee fees if he’s not the best option in center or if it helps keep him on the field. 

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t really care one way or another but the best center fielder should probably play center field.  Also, If there’s a case to be made that Mike Trout will be injured less doing something other than center field then he probably shouldn’t play center field.  I have no idea whether that is a real thing that matters or not.  I have to say, the angels situation for any one that cares should be a desperate effort to win the division and return the playoffs.  My presumption is that the pursuit of this team goal will spare mike trouts fee fees if he’s not the best option in center or if it helps keep him on the field. 

Maybe he’s entering the DH portion of his career