• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton will not turn it around this year.

Bench him for a month, let him get back in the weight room and work on his fundamentals in hitting. Teach him about swinging at strikes being GOOD and swinging at balls being BAD. Might have to bring the tee-ball out as well. Anything that makes him not look like a 5 year old being paid 125 million in the majors.

Dead ****ing serious right now too.

If you were a paid employee able to make a difference on this team - the Angels and Josh Hamilton would be in a lot worse situation.

Get him back to the weight room to work on his fundamentals in hitting?  Uh, that's not how it works - nor is it where they work on fundamentals.

It's obvious that your frustration is driving this thread - not your knowledge of how to fix him.  None of you have ever played baseball on a professional level (I'd bet - neither have I).  You have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what he's going through or the right path for him to take to fix this horrible start he's having.

If you were a paid employee able to make a difference on this team - the Angels and Josh Hamilton would be in a lot worse situation.

Get him back to the weight room to work on his fundamentals in hitting?  Uh, that's not how it works - nor is it where they work on fundamentals.

It's obvious that your frustration is driving this thread - not your knowledge of how to fix him.  None of you have ever played baseball on a professional level (I'd bet - neither have I).  You have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what he's going through or the right path for him to take to fix this horrible start he's having.

Dude is getting paid $25 million a year, he should be intelligent enough to adjust. He's had adequate protection all year, so that's not it. I would like to think he was just a crappy ball player. But why is it the league figured him out AFTER he signs with the Angels?

I'm pretty sure he will get DFAd next season if he continues ...there is no reason for him to be on the roster. he looks done

Yea, right, DFA a guy with a 125 million dollar contract.  You guys must really believe they play with monopoly money.  Or you stuck too much into fantasy baseball!

Dude is getting paid $25 million a year, he should be intelligent enough to adjust. He's had adequate protection all year, so that's not it. I would like to think he was just a crappy ball player. But why is it the league figured him out AFTER he signs with the Angels?

It makes sense that since he has sucked this bad for so long this year that there isn't much hope that he will turn it around.  However, what doesn't make sense is how does a guy who raked for six years turn into a dog?  That doesn't happen!  If he is "losing it" because of age than the production decline should be more gradual.  WTF happened to the guy?

It makes sense that since he has sucked this bad for so long this year that there isn't much hope that he will turn it around.  However, what doesn't make sense is how does a guy who raked for six years turn into a dog?  That doesn't happen!  If he is "losing it" because of age than the production decline should be more gradual.  WTF happened to the guy?

He lost a considerable amount of weight in the offseason, supposedly as a result of a "juice diet". Why in the world would he do that?

It's time to realize just how important playing in half his in Texas was to his numbers. Not sure hat his splits were but the ball flies out of there and it has to help is overall confidence. It is a mental thing. His show during he HR derby at Yankee stadium shows that he should be able to hit anywhere. This 214 avg is ridiculous and it has been right in hat area all year. Is very. Frustrating. He has NO excuse to not hit at least 60 points higher. He has been behind or in front of trout trumbo Albert or Bowie all year. They are all putting up solid numbers. Numbers which would be spectacular if josh was just doing his job.

My buddy in the Yankee front office compared him to Gary Gaetti in that as his faith deepened he lost some of his competitiveness.   He tells me that Gaetti himself told him that as his priority became his faith, he found serenity in being a good person and saw his struggles on the field as nothing other than a minor test of his faith, so he became more at ease with the failure.    Gaetti FWIW, fell back off the wagon, found some balance between his faith and the rest of his life and went back to being a serviceable player.  Not saying there is a connection but, again, that's what he's stated.

Hamilton, an addict needs to get addicted to baseball again.

It's time to realize just how important playing in half his in Texas was to his numbers. Not sure hat his splits were but the ball flies out of there and it has to help is overall confidence. It is a mental thing. His show during he HR derby at Yankee stadium shows that he should be able to hit anywhere. This 214 avg is ridiculous and it has been right in hat area all year. Is very. Frustrating. He has NO excuse to not hit at least 60 points higher. He has been behind or in front of trout trumbo Albert or Bowie all year. They are all putting up solid numbers. Numbers which would be spectacular if josh was just doing his job.

That's not true. Check out his splits. Most years his road numbers are similar to his home numbers, and in 2009, he put up better road numbers.    

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6679/splits;_ylt=AlMXm.KXIcGYD0MX0po6L3yFCLcF?year=2012&type=Batting

He stopped using PED.

His sudden drop in power and weight reflect this.

He looks both disinterested and dispassionate. I wpuld speculate that the PEDs wore off around the middle of last season and all the abuse to his body from drugs and alcohol have rendered him a shell of his former self. The next 41/2 years willbe more of the same unless he dedicates himself to improve.

The bigger question is; Will Hamilton turn it around next year.

I honestly am worried that he won't. This has been going on for at least a full season now. In the past year, his BA is barely over .230. He's just seeing less and less fastballs and yet he continues to keep swinging as if he's getting fastballs

There is a reason that no one else offered over 3 years to Hackilton.

Learn from your mistakes Arte, and learn some baseball smarts.

Hell, then why can't the SOB rake for three years and suck for two.  In fact, I wouldn't have a problem with that.  My problem is that he dropped off so  much.

He was an ALL Star for four straight years, this year he should be close to that.  Instead he looks like an overwhelmed minor leaguer.

He stopped using PED.

His sudden drop in power and weight reflect this.

There hasn't been any evidence that he was anywhere tied to PED.  AND if your theory of him using PED's was correct why the hell isn't he still using them???????

Hell, If its true, get his ASS back on them!

I said get him back in the weight room AND make him work on his fundamentals in hitting. It's obvious he isn't as strong as last year and it's obvious that his timing at the plate is off. Derp.