• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton will not turn it around this year.

Sad to say but this is the reality of the situation. He's making no adjustments and he's still making the regular 3 pitch at bat swinging strikeouts. I have much more things that would be considered bannable to say about Hamilton, but I'll refrain from saying anything other than that he is pretty much as useless as Mathis and Wells were.

Thanks Obama.

Bench him for two weeks.

Bench him for a month, let him get back in the weight room and work on his fundamentals in hitting. Teach him about swinging at strikes being GOOD and swinging at balls being BAD. Might have to bring the tee-ball out as well. Anything that makes him not look like a 5 year old being paid 125 million in the majors.

Dead ****ing serious right now too.

Expecting Josh to suddenly become an intellect to hitting is a fools errand.

I'm not expecting him to be Joey Votto, but some slight improvement will go a long way in making him a somewhat valuable player for such an expensive contract. He literally gets the LEAST fastballs in the league. He should have adjusted by now and have an OBP in the .380s-.400's if they still continued to throw balls outside. Hamilton getting strikes = good. 

There's been literally no change. None. From Game 1 to tonight...he looks the same. This is very concerning. It's like he goes up there and just decides he's swinging no matter what. I've never seen a player with more give up swings as Josh. We all know the swing where he just half ass flails the bat knowing he has no shot in hell at making contact at it.

There's been literally no change. None. From Game 1 to tonight...he looks the same. This is very concerning. It's like he goes up there and just decides he's swinging no matter what. I've never seen a player with more give up swings as Josh. We all know the swing where he just half ass flails the bat knowing he has no shot in hell at making contact at it.

pretty much. 

It seems that he goes up looking fastball on every pitch and swings accordingly.  He's not reacting to anything.  Almost makes me wonder if he's got eyesight issues. 

pretty much. 

It seems that he goes up looking fastball on every pitch and swings accordingly.  He's not reacting to anything.  Almost makes me wonder if he's got eyesight issues. 

Can't be eyesight issues. He's fixed that before and even if it was he'd have said something by now. It might have to do with the fact that he literally has no plate discipline and has relied on his timing and power to rack up hits and homers during his career. Now he isn't even hitting balls that he can drive and he's lost some power as well. When this happens a smart player would adapt and start showing some more discipline. But all Hamilton is doing right now is showing the same approach without the intangibles (good plate coverage and power) that made him so good.

His slugging pct. is .484 with nobody on base proves that he can still be productive. It's the gradual decline as you add the pressure of driving in a run that's disturbing. .327 with a runner on first. .125 with RISP.

If those numbers were more balanced then I would go with the "he's done" or "it's something physical" argument.

It seems you either have to let him play himself out of it or bench him. However, if I knew how to fix a player who's putting way too much pressure on himself due to signing an enormous contract with a new team, I'd be living in a much nicer house than I am now.