• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

There's One Thing Left To Do

5 hours ago, eligrba said:

I can't root for the Mariners but they should easily sweep the Angels. I will hate that the Angels have once again constructed a roster unable to compete at the major league level.

It serves Arte and company well if the Mariners make the wildcard by sweeping the Angels. 

I don't think they're going to sweep us. The Ms have all the pressure. The Angels should be relaxed.

8 hours ago, mmc said:

Am I the only one who could not care less?

Just think of it as a wild card elimination game. We're already eliminated of course, but we can take Seattle down tonight! Last night's game had a real postseason vibe to it, and it was gratifying to see the Angels hang tough and win a close, tense game in a sold-out stadium full of Mariners fans. 

I want to hear, "Mariners are eliminated from postseason play, now 2 games back with one game to go."

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Seattle Times this morning:

"stinging disappointment" of a "crushing loss to the Angels"

Love it!!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-cant-find-their-usual-late-inning-magic-as-playoff-hopes-take-a-big-hit/

Seattle has release the Kraken.

Halos have release the Quijada (6 Ks in past 2 innings, no baserunners).

27 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Nope.  I'm the same.

I don’t want Seattle to make it, but only because my Jays fan girlfriend who’s staying with me won’t be happy if they get in over the Jays, nothing related to the Angels.  To me acting like we shouldn’t give young players like Thaiss tryouts during this series because it’s “must-win” or the beatwriters writing about how somehow someway this proves we can succeed in a “playoff environment” (whatever that means) or that the team passed some sort of test is just cringeworthy to me

32 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t want Seattle to make it, but only because my Jays fan girlfriend who’s staying with me won’t be happy if they get in over the Jays, nothing related to the Angels.  To me acting like we shouldn’t give young players like Thaiss tryouts during this series because it’s “must-win” or the beatwriters writing about how somehow someway this proves we can succeed in a “playoff environment” (whatever that means) or that the team passed some sort of test is just cringeworthy to me

There is something to be said for competitive integrity.  The Rays have nothing to play for and they are about to take the first two games against the Yankees when the Yankees have everything to play for.   Also the Angels will learn little or nothing about Thaiss in a game or two at the end of the season.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

There is something to be said for competitive integrity.  The Rays have nothing to play for and they are about to take the first two games against the Yankees when the Yankees have everything to play for.   Also the Angels will learn little or nothing about Thaiss in a game or two at the end of the season.  

Might have something to do with the fact that they’re a better team?