• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Vasgersian vs. Pedro Martinez on Shohei Ohtani vs. Vlad Guerrero Jr. on the MVP race

Chuck

• Chuck changed the title to Matt Vasgersian vs. Pedro Martinez on Shohei Ohtani vs. Vlad Guerrero Jr. on the MVP race

Vlad Jr is Pedro's godson.   But lol at his tearing down DHs as MVPs when he views Ortiz as a HOFer.  His entire take is hater-ade.  I didn't get "MVP because I was a pitcher and two knuckleheads".... boo hoo.... "David didn't get MVP because he was a DH" ... Get over yourself.

If he's pissed the voters used to be morons he should be happy to see things are changing.  

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Vlad Jr is Pedro's godson.   But lol at his tearing down DHs as MVPs when he views Ortiz as a HOFer.  His entire take is hater-ade.  I didn't get "MVP because I was a pitcher and two knuckleheads".... boo hoo.... "David didn't get MVP because he was a DH" ... Get over yourself.

If he's pissed the voters used to be morons he should be happy to see things are changing.  

Exactly on the last part.

You dont get it both ways, pedro. You cant argue that the voters were wrong before, then argue they should vote that way now

Him saying "ohtani had a bad start against NY" should be countered with any 0-fer Vlad Jr has had.... to show how stupid it is.

"Ohtani struck out Vlad, Pedro."

I think Pedro knows reality... so does Vlad Jr.... and literally every other player.

I think this bit was simply for entertainment, and Pedros job was to present a "vlad os mvp" argument. And to do so he had to stretch... because its no contest

I'm not sure Pedro really believes all the stuff he is saying. He's taking the counter-point position to Vasgersian.

Pedro's point is basically that Ohtani isn't good enough at any one thing to be the MVP.

Ok Ohtani's not a position player.

Ok so no DH ever won the MVP. That's irrelevant.

Ok so Ohtani doesn't have as many IP as some of the other top pitchers in the league.

But if you look at WAR, Ohtani's combined contribution is greater than anybody else.

Simple.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm not sure Pedro really believes all the stuff he is saying. He's taking the counter-point position to Vasgersian.

Pedro's point is basically that Ohtani isn't good enough at any one thing to be the MVP.

Ok Ohtani's not a position player.

Ok so no DH ever won the MVP. That's irrelevant.

Ok so Ohtani doesn't have as many IP as some of the other top pitchers in the league.

But if you look at WAR, Ohtani's combined contribution is greater than anybody else.

Simple.

Ive read plenty point out Ohtani is "only" a DH, and that a position player gets more credit / value. And I totally agree.

That said, his pitching shuts that argument up.

At its simplest, every out Ohtani makes on the mound is as important as any ball Vlad Jr fields and turns into an out. Period.