• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Angels go big on a free agent shortstop?

mmc

Should the Angels go big on a free agent shortstop?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Angels go big on a free agent shortstop?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if it's a certain player (say who in your reply)

11 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Ohtani has given up 3 runs over his last 2 starts (15 innings) with our AAAA defense. Getting a top SS at the cost of pitching is a loser strategy.

We are 0-2 in those starts scoring a total 3 runs in those games.  It’s actually a strong argument for adding that SS. 

15 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Ohtani has given up 3 runs over his last 2 starts (15 innings) with our AAAA defense. Getting a top SS at the cost of pitching is a loser strategy.

I never said to get a top dollar shortstop, I said the pitchers need a good defensive shortstop. Without a good defensive shortstop your best pitcher chosen would still struggle to win games. That is the true loser strategy, spend lots of money on a pitcher that cant allow an infield ground ball to the left side. 

And your AAAA defense has been booting balls all over the field the last three months. They are not winning any games by glovework. 

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We are 0-2 in those starts scoring a total 3 runs in those games.  It’s actually a strong argument for adding that SS. 

The lack of runs scored is equal to the lack of regulars on the field. Trout, Rendon, Upton and even Adell represent a lot of lost offense over their AAAA replacements. The Angels don't require offense from the shortstop position next year to be competitive. They need defense and better pitching. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I never said to get a top dollar shortstop, I said the pitchers need a good defensive shortstop. Without a good defensive shortstop your best pitcher chosen would still struggle to win games. That is the true loser strategy, spend lots of money on a pitcher that cant allow an infield ground ball to the left side. 

And your AAAA defense has been booting balls all over the field the last three months. They are not winning any games by glovework. 

Who then Iglesias or Simmons?

34 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Correa is a really good defender so I not as opposed to him ad Seager / Story / etc

Trade for Turner from the dodgers, and we pick up 10 mill of Bauers salary plus half of his legal fees.

(Then we screw them by swapping his lawyer with @cals, who does bauers defense pro bono).

From yacht fuel to yahtzee, with very little outside of the box thinking.

20 hours ago, Stradling said:

We will be added Trout in the OF, Rendon, Upton, and Adell which should provide plenty of offense without wasting resources at SS when it should be better spent on pitching. Pitching, Pitching, Pitching, and more Pitching... 

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

Trade Rengoofie to a team that has a strong defensive ss who is being blocked  at the major league level. 

As long as we spend the money on pitching. I'm also OK using what we have, in case we need to really spend big to sign top tier pitching, while using a minimum wage SS for a year.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds