• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just curious - what is going right with this org?

I feel like over the last 7-8 years the team tried desperately to not be among the teams that build to go for it and then have to sell off players and rebuild.

Seems like they had this vision that they would be above that and would patiently build this machine that could compete year in and year out without the drastic moves to “build” and the drastic moves to “sell.”

I get why you want to do that, so you don’t ever really have to suffer through any extended losing periods of rebuilding.

But it didn’t work. The result is the fans just sat through a stretch of frustrating losing seasons that likely exceeded tue number of seasons they would have had to endure if they had been willing to make bold moves.

The team now has some payroll space for a TOR arm, and now also has more tradeable prospect capital than it has had in probably a decade.

The long wait has (to me anyway) created a very high level of urgency to compete a high level immediately now.

It would be great to pretend that the past is the past and only focus on the present and future.  But realistically fans have memories, and key players have certain “windows” of prime performance.

I would like to see the team make some major headlines this offseason with moves that look aggressive and committed to winning in 2022.

High end pitching.  Guys you would be elated to hand the ball to in a postseason game.

The offense will be more than adequate without any huge acquisitions (if healthy).

Make the Angels Great Again.  Now.  Please.

Edited by Dtwncbad

I think the field manager CAN make a difference but right now who is in that job is way off my radar.  Right now, it’s the roster that is the problem.

If the team had the right roster and still could not win, then I guess I would care who was managing. 

Right now the only manager change I would actually be excited about in the absence of having the right roster would be landing Ted Lasso.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Seriously.  If there were ever an award for biggest Angels cuck, this might be it. 

You asked a question I gave you an answer, I even stated there were  lots of things to be disappointed with as fans.  But since I don’t think this is the single worst entity ever in American Sports as you do then I can’t be on team Soto.  You haven’t liked the team for 10 plus years, so you can fuck off amy time you’d like.  

8 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think the field manager CAN make a difference but right now who is in that job is way off my radar.  Right now, it’s the roster that is the problem.

If the team had the right roster and still could not win, then I guess I would care who was managing. 

Right now the only manager change I would actually be excited about in the absence of having the right roster would be landing Ted Lasso.

I think a manager can make a difference, but I think Jane Fan has no idea if that manager is making a difference.  Or Jane Fangraphs.

I also think the difference is probably neglibile.

Edited by ScottT

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

You guys should be like me and convince yourselves that the angels are completely shitty and they’ll never be good.  That way there’s some chance that things will be less shitty.  I’m big brained. 

They have, which is why we have this thread.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, wopphil said:

There is a lot going right. We have the two best baseball players on the planet. A market that can support a high payroll. And a good young core of Walsh, Adell and Marsh on the position player side of things, and Rodriguez, Suarez, Sandoval, Canning and Detmers on the pitching side. This is a excellent foundation to start with. 

This was a pretty funny joke.  

On 9/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, Stradling said:

I agree with this.  I’m hoping Warren is as good as he’s pitched in the majors this year. 

So I was looking at Statcast yesterday evening doing some research and guess who was ranked 10th out of all pitchers last season with a minimum of 50 PA's (against) in xwOBA? Iglesias was ranked 15th.

Oh what the heck let me just show it:

Capture.JPG

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ll be honest, I had no idea Austin Warren was somewhere else last year, I assumed he was in our system.  I also get him and Wantz mixed up, but again, I have no idea if Wantz was with another team last year or if he was in our system.  

He was always in this org before 2021.

2018 - rookie and A levels

2019 - A+ and AA levels

2021 - AAA level

WHiP was always on the high side throughout the minors.

GB/FB ratio was mediocre until 2021.

Improved to 1.46 in 2021.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:25 PM, Stradling said:

You asked a question I gave you an answer, I even stated there were  lots of things to be disappointed with as fans.  But since I don’t think this is the single worst entity ever in American Sports as you do then I can’t be on team Soto.  You haven’t liked the team for 10 plus years, so you can fuck off amy time you’d like.  

Moreno is in the running for worst owner in sports for sure.  You don’t need to be on my team. I asked a question of what’s going right with this org.  Everyone wanted Maddon, he’s here and he dislikes it. 

I went to one game this year, and it was only because my friend was drafted in the first round and he wanted to go to a game before rookie ball.  I’d love to go to more.  I wish the Angels are watchable. Ohtani was for a short while.  But he’s a .255 hitter complaining now. 

strad, I know you want me to just bend over and take the Angels pathetic play, but I can’t do that, and I’m not going to be looking up kids that will help in four years.  I’m sorry you don’t like my vocal displeasure to this club. We are fans in a different way.  

everyone sees what the dodgers are doing. Buying everything they need to win.  So don’t be surprised when Ohtani moves over to follow Tio Albert if this mess isn’t cleaned up.  

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Moreno is in the running for worst owner in sports for sure.  You don’t need to be on my team. I asked a question of what’s going right with this org.  Everyone wanted Maddon, he’s here and he dislikes it. 

I went to one game this year, and it was only because my friend was drafted in the first round and he wanted to go to a game before rookie ball.  I’d love to go to more.  I wish the Angels are watchable. Ohtani was for a short while.  But he’s a .255 hitter complaining now. 

strad, I know you want me to just bend over and take the Angels pathetic play, but I can’t do that, and I’m not going to be looking up kids that will help in four years.  I’m sorry you don’t like my vocal displeasure to this club. We are fans in a different way.  

everyone sees what the dodgers are doing. Buying everything they need to win.  So don’t be surprised when Ohtani moves over to follow Tio Albert if this mess isn’t cleaned up.  

Nah

20 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

This organization has successfully obliterated my love for baseball.

gg

Hey, put this season out of your mind and get ready to enjoy the playoffs. There should be some great baseball in October. 

The NL wild card game could be a classic in itself. Can you imagine the Cardinals going in there against the Dodgers with a 22-game win streak? 

On 9/27/2021 at 3:15 PM, Adam said:

In the org not just the MLB roster

I remember one time like 15 years ago my dad theorized that the A's struggled to get attendance at their games because they didn't have any Black guys on their team. I think he might have been at least partially right.