• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels (9/24/21): Suarez on the mound

jsnpritchett

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Mayfield is a moron. Bases loaded, tying run on third, the pitcher throws way inside and this idiot that is hitting .215 spins out of the way of the pitch instead of just letting it brush him. What a dumbass. 

Mayfield is a journeyman borderline major leaguer... that shouldn't be playing this much...

Moron seems harsh.  He's no Moran either. 

6 hours ago, ScottT said:

Yeah, who would you suggest.  

Shows how sad this lineup has become, having Gosselin hitting third.

A guy with a .630 OPS in the past 250 PAs?

How many teams are without FOUR regulars in the lineup?

How many teams have seemingly 1/3 of the regular roster out for the season?

This happens year in and year out.

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I hope the two wild cards are from NY, Boston, or Toronto.

I hate the AL West, but I suspect the odds makers are picking Seattle to pick up a wild card spot due to five of the last eight against the Angels.

This is probably heretical but I am rooting against NY and Boston as wildcard teams. I would not be mad if Seattle made the wildcard. I think it would be a fitting end to Minasian's first year as a gm.

the Angels offense is the worst in baseball for the second half.  Especially combined with their poor defense.  1.5 WAR for the whole team in 2386 PA.  A 79 OPS+.  They're 11th overall for pitching in the second half.  13th for starters.  6th for bullpen.  

This is just a reminder of how injuries impact the team and that no matter what Joe Maddon says to the press, improving the team can come from multiple different directions.  

It also bums me out and reminds me why I've watch fewer games this year than at any point in my life even though it wasn't as easy to watch games in the past.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the Angels offense is the worst in baseball for the second half.  Especially combined with their poor defense.  1.5 WAR for the whole team in 2386 PA.  A 79 OPS+.  They're 11th overall for pitching in the second half.  13th for starters.  6th for bullpen.  

This is just a reminder of how injuries impact the team and that no matter what Joe Maddon says to the press, improving the team can come from multiple different directions.  

It also bums me out and reminds me why I've watch fewer games this year than at any point in my life even though it wasn't as easy to watch games in the past.  

I think the result would be similar even if the team was healthy. They literally can never get everything on the same page. 

Offense is killing it? The pitching is a train wreck. The team is pitching well from both the starters and pen? The offense goes to sleep for a month.

Honestly at this point I don't know when this team will be anywhere near the playoffs again. It's like the whole organization is fucked.

And yes, watching them is just not fun anymore. Even with Ohtani and Trout. They've just completely killed my fandom.

Call me crazy,, but I think the team would be better if just a couple of the following were healthy...

Trout, Rendon, Sandoval, Adell, Chris Rodriguez 

Heck, Cobb would've been nice to have on the mound more.  

It's not difficult to imagine this team contending next year.  Doing better against Oakland would help.

Edited by ScottT

14 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Call me crazy,, but I think the team would be better if just a couple of the following were healthy...

Trout, Rendon, Sandoval, Adell, Chris Rodriguez 

Heck, Cobb would've been nice to have on the mound more.  

It's not difficult to imagine this team contending next year.  Doing better against Oakland would help.

Yep, I'm critical of some Maddon things but he's stuck playing the back-up's back-ups.  Maddon is trying to play what he has left -- the OF alone is missing Trout/Upton/Fowler/Adell/Ward.  I know a lot of people hate him but there is little question that even Ward would be an upgrade over Rojas.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I think the result would be similar even if the team was healthy. They literally can never get everything on the same page. 

Offense is killing it? The pitching is a train wreck. The team is pitching well from both the starters and pen? The offense goes to sleep for a month.

Honestly at this point I don't know when this team will be anywhere near the playoffs again. It's like the whole organization is fucked.

And yes, watching them is just not fun anymore. Even with Ohtani and Trout. They've just completely killed my fandom.

I really do not know what you expect offensively.  Besides Walsh and Ohtani we basically have a AAA lineup offensively.

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I really do not know what you expect offensively.  Besides Walsh and Ohtani we basically have a AAA lineup offensively.

I expect nothing from this current roster. I was talking about when we're healthy. 

I expect nothing from this organization.