• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One person familiar with the team’s thinking: "[The Angels] next season, would prefer to spend most of their financial resources on pitching and perhaps scrimp a bit at shortstop."

BTH

36 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Ok, that’s fair enough.  The stuff is there, though the delivery does seem a little high maintenance?

Sure, AO, I think there are things, as a young pitcher, that he needs to work out still, but the stuff for a good pitcher is there, it just may take time for him to turn into that guy. Both him and Sandoval have good potential and obviously the latter is showing more than the former, right now, but what I am driving at is that different players develop at different timelines and Griffin has been thrown into the fire earlier, rather than later, due to the Angels thirsty need for starters. I think that patience is needed to see the end result here. Notably we need the same patience with all of the other younger guys (Detmers, Junk, et. al.). Also, notably, this is why the Angels need to acquire at least 1-2 more starters this offseason (perhaps at the sacrifice of one of the younger names).

On 9/28/2021 at 12:22 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Just concerned because it goes back to college.

Since debuting in pro ball in April 2018, he’s only pitched 285 innings across the 3 full seasons (2018, 2019, 2021) in the minors and majors.

The stuff is certainly there.  I just don’t think the durability is.  Hope I’m wrong.

I understand the durability question. It is more than that. It is a direct relation to the overall setup and current placement of this organization. It falls on Upper Management and Ownership on the coaching hires, and organizational philosophies in hitting, defense, catching pitching even the medical staff!  

Ability and Durability are different than Health and Execution of said philosophies on the field of play.. 

**EDIT**

Durability & Health are separate from Ability & Execution. And these are how they need to be termed together.

It's all relative!