• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One person familiar with the team’s thinking: "[The Angels] next season, would prefer to spend most of their financial resources on pitching and perhaps scrimp a bit at shortstop."

BTH

If we do sign a TORS this year who are some of the pitchers who will be Free Agents after next year that other teams may be willing to trade off early? Someone who would make a solid #2 or #3 starter for us.  Do you think someone like  - Sale, Eovaldi, Gray, Clevinger could be a possibility in some kind of off-season trade?

7 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not trading Adell or Marsh right now. I believe we have something special there with Trout. Also Upton needs to be hitting benchth. I'm done with that guy.

We could sign an outfielder, but who? We'd just get another Jon Jay or whatever the fuck because muh clubhouse guyz.

Arte needs to pay his way out of this. We have the pitching depth now, we just need to load up the front.

Don't do this to yourself.  

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Cobb is the exact kind of signing I want to avoid.

He isn’t a TOR arm, and the team doesn’t need him for depth with all the other arms in the system.

Thank him for his service and say goodbye.

Cobb, assuming they think he'll repeat what he's done this year, is exactly what this team needs.  He's fairly reliable and won't be horribly expensive.  

If they want to sign a couple old guys to 30mil deals and ignore the pen, SS, and everything else then I don't know what to say.  

A combo of Cobb and Correa would lead to more wins than Scherzer and Regifo in my opinion.  

49 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Cobb, assuming they think he'll repeat what he's done this year, is exactly what this team needs.  He's fairly reliable and won't be horribly expensive.  

If they want to sign a couple old guys to 30mil deals and ignore the pen, SS, and everything else then I don't know what to say.  

A combo of Cobb and Correa would lead to more wins than Scherzer and Regifo in my opinion.  

So a repeat of this year will make next year successful.  Got it.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

So a repeat of this year will make next year successful.  Got it.

there's been a fair amount of unsuccessful repetition of mistakes over the last several years.  Particularly at the major league level.  Getting out of that rut would likely mean spending more or trading more.  Maddon's comments from the other thread suggest that the Angels might do both.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  Last year we supposedly focused on improving the defense and we're of the worst in baseball.  

So whatever's said isn't necessarily what's going to be done.   We have 11 of the 25 players from our opening day roster on the team right now.  The rest are either in the minors, released, or on the 60 day DL.  

I'll definitely take different as an approach.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Haven’t they tried that already? Cobb and rendon…

they need an almost certain win every 5 days. In addition to that when/if you get to the postseason they don’t need to have a number 3 type pitcher facing off against an ace. Grabbing a true TOR starter slides the rest of the pitchers into their ideal turns in the rotation. I can live with Cobb as a 4/5 but not as a 2 behind ohtani 

49 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Haven’t they tried that already? Cobb and rendon…

they need an almost certain win every 5 days. In addition to that when/if you get to the postseason they don’t need to have a number 3 type pitcher facing off against an ace. Grabbing a true TOR starter slides the rest of the pitchers into their ideal turns in the rotation. I can live with Cobb as a 4/5 but not as a 2 behind ohtani 

I think you're dreaming if you think we're gonna get 3 or 4 pitchers better than Cobb.  

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Agree on Cobb. I don’t think this team needs two top of the rotation arms. I think Cobb and one better arm will suffice (whether that be Gausman, Stroman, Ray or Scherzer). And in the unlikely event that allows for the signing of a good shortstop, all the better. 

I do expect this to be an incredibly active off-season. Perhaps the most active one we have seen in years. 

So in other words, we will talk big about signing the big named pitchers.  Only for them to play us, like usual, and keep us hanging till February before signing with the Yanks or Dogs.  Then we will then become desperate and resort to diving in the dumpster bin for whatever is left, since all we know is how to make splashes in the toilet.  In the end, we'll eventually overpay for the best remaining SS available, with the team blowing smoke up our asses saying we will compete.

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So in other words, we will talk big about signing the big named pitchers.  Only for them to play us, like usual, and keep us hanging till February before signing with the Yanks or Dogs.  Then we will then become desperate and resort to diving in the dumpster bin for whatever is left, since all we know is how to make splashes in the toilet.  In the end, we'll eventually overpay for the best remaining SS available, with the team blowing smoke up our asses saying we will compete.

So, same as every year 😭

15 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'd sign Ray and Gausman and resign Cobb. 

Need to leave some money for one or two late innings guys.

Stroman, Cobb, Iglesias, late innings guy(s), Galvis for SS, and a 2nd catcher who can handle a 1/3 of the starts

That plus decent health for a change = contending for at least a WC game spot finally after six losing seasons.

How much money is available to use this off-season?

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

This

But Cobb, Iglesias, and Correa likely means no further bullpen or rotation upgrades.

Correa is the best of the FA SS’s, elite at hitting and fielding.   One concern is the back issues from 2017-2019.   Have they been resolved sufficiently?

The other concern is having four big contracts at the same time (Trout, Rendon, eventually Ohtani, and Correa).

Edited by Angel Oracle

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Need to leave some money for one or two late innings guys.

Stroman, Cobb, Iglesias, late innings guy(s), Galvis for SS, and a 2nd catcher who can handle a 1/3 of the starts

That plus decent health for a change = contending for at least a WC game spot finally after six losing seasons.

How much money is available to use this off-season?

I think i heard $50 mil thrown around as the number.  That would be before any arbitration, and any contract raises.