• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How aggressive do you expect Minasian to be this offseason?

mmc

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

What I'm saying is I doubt he has the autonomy to go be "aggressive" like is being asked here.

Of course he can't do what is being asked of him here on the board. If you remember, I'm the one who annually calls out the ridiculous notion that we are going to sign numerous top free agents. 

I don't see how stating that Perry has a budget to adhere to is a Claude moment, but if it made you feel better by saying so, i truly hope it helped.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Do you think an owner is ever capable of looking at his franchise, realizing mistakes have been made and thought -- okay, we have a window to fix this or we can just keep pushing the pile forward?

Of course. I’m not absolving Arte of wrongdoing.  But we have a run of under performing short term pitching acquisitions.  That’s not on Arte. 

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't see how stating that Perry has a budget to adhere to is a Claude moment, but if it made you feel better by saying so, i truly hope it helped.  

Asking if I REALLY believe it's Arte who is picking all these shitty pitchers is as Clod as it gets.   Find one post of mine EVER that comes close to saying that.  I'll wait.

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's not blind. If he were, he wouldn't have let his GM offer Cole $300 million.

How does this prove a lack of vision?  LOL.  If anything it supports my view that he's willing to do the big splash.  Meanwhile..  Cole would have addressed one of three gaping holes in the rotation, Rendon filled none.   Maddon was another gimmick move.

15 hours ago, wopphil said:

Great points, I was actually thinking this earlier today. He will look for moves to make the team better, and it might be something totally unexpected. I think the only three guys on the roster who are truly safe are Trout, Rendon and Ohtani. 

Every GM will say "we will look in every area to make the team better". So yes, expect the unexpected. Plus, Rendon and Trout have no trade clauses so of course they are safe.