• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justin Upton out for the season

mmc

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I guess once he finally brings in a rock solid FA starter instead of a FA slugger, that’s when the narrative goes away.

Until then, it’s been going on 11 years since Nibs was signed, and then no one since then of any note.

In the meantime, Pujols, Hamilton, Upton, and Rendon = $705 million for not a whole lot of production with just Upton’s season and Rendon’s 5 seasons remaining. 

And guys like you think it’s to help with attendance and not in an effort to improve the team.  It’s silly AO. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Is that what you got from my comment?  If so, try again.

You said that Arte was willing to pay Cole $300 million as proof he's willing to sign big name pitchers, and after I pointed it it is still still way below market value and a distant 3rd place, you made it seem like it was still significant.  All that really does is prove that Arte has no interest in meeting the market price of these pitchers but will go well over it for position players.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

You said that Arte was willing to pay Cole $300 million as proof he's willing to sign big name pitchers, and after I pointed it it is still still way below market value and a distant 3rd place, you made it seem like it was still significant.  All that really does is prove that Arte has no interest in meeting the market price of these pitchers but will go well over it for position players.

Are you saying willing to commit just under $300M to a player that will appear in about 20% of the team's games isn't significant?  That's crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Are you saying willing to commit just under $300M to a player that will appear in about 20% of the team's games isn't significant?  That's crazy. 

In a vacuum sure, compared to 2 other teams that care way more about winning and spending money, absolutely not

I thought the Angels offer was $298 million but the Yankees topped both LA teams by over 20 million. It reminded me of when the Angels offered Tex 160 and the Yankees offered 181. I believe the Angels offered Greinke 120 and the Dodgers got him for 147. Arte definitely is willing to pay a lot but in the case of Cole, the Yankees weren't going to be outbid. They usually get their man. I don't fault Arte for not offering Cole more money. I do fault Arte for not doing a better job for Greinke and using that money to sign Hamilton instead though. He was also a bonehead to greenlight the Upton extension. Oh well.