• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question about urine drug tests.

tdawg87

So I just had to take a piss test for "drugs of abuse" at my hospital because I'm prescribed a "drug of abuse" and they're now doing this test once a year, or so they told me.

The internet says these tests can't detect the amount, only that they have a "cutoff". 

Is this accurate?

I don't take anything illegal nor do I abuse the medication I'm on, but I take a high dose "as needed" and don't wait 24 hours, so it's quite likely I've taken a lot more than expected over the past few days, and it's almost certainly going to be a positive test. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

So I just had to take a piss test for "drugs of abuse" at my hospital because I'm prescribed a "drug of abuse" and they're now doing this test once a year, or so they told me.

The internet says these tests can't detect the amount, only that they have a "cutoff". 

Is this accurate?

I don't take anything illegal nor do I abuse the medication I'm on, but I take a high dose "as needed" and don't wait 24 hours, so it's quite likely I've taken a lot more than expected over the past few days, and it's almost certainly going to be a positive test. 

My dear @tdawg87, are you stressing out about a test that will show that you took too much of your anti-stress medication? I can see how that would be stressful to someone with anxiety, surely that would be excuse enough for taking a little more than usual - the fact you had a test to check?  

Just now, WicketMaiden said:

My dear @tdawg87, are you stressing out about a test that will show that you took too much of your anti-stress medication? I can see how that would be stressful to someone with anxiety, surely that would be excuse enough for taking a little more than usual - the fact you had a test to check?  

Nah it was random. Had no idea about it. Until I got there.

I mean it's obviously going to be past the cutoff level, I just wasn't sure if she's going to be able to see the exact amount of mg I have in my system. 

I don't think I doubled up accidentally. But this shit stays in your system for a long time.

18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Nah it was random. Had no idea about it. Until I got there.

I mean it's obviously going to be past the cutoff level, I just wasn't sure if she's going to be able to see the exact amount of mg I have in my system. 

I don't think I doubled up accidentally. But this shit stays in your system for a long time.

I'm sure that kind of thing happens often, and I'm sure she will have seen much higher readings than yours from true abusers, so how bad can it be for a first offence?

And hey, maybe the prescription is wrong and you should be on a higher dose, so maybe it's the Doctor's fault, or the Pharmacist, or maybe her test is wrong and she's making defamatory statements about you - threaten to sue everyone if she makes a fuss and she might look the other way just for a quiet life.