• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whip 1.00

No way. It was a mistake replacing him with Joe Blanton.

Yeah, I would have much rather have given Ervin his extension, knowing that there is at least the posibility that he be dominant at times, versus the hot, wet paperbag of garbage that is Joe Blanton...at greater cost as well.

I have a notion it wouldn't have mattered how he pitched based on his history, but I think it was a mistake getting rid of him.

There is no way any team would pick up Ervin's option last season after the year he had. I can't fault the Angels on this. He had an ERA above 5 last year....and it was nearly at 6 heading into August. Why on earth would anybody be willing to pick up a $13 million option on any pitcher after a season like that?

There is no way any team would pick up Ervin's option last season after the year he had. I can't fault the Angels on this. He had an ERA above 5 last year....and it was nearly at 6 heading into August. Why on earth would anybody be willing to pick up a $13 million option on any pitcher after a season like that?

Ya, Ervin was hot garbage last year. And inconsistent as hell before that.

I can't fault them for dumping him with that price tag attached.

Ya, Ervin was hot garbage last year. And inconsistent as hell before that.

I can't fault them for dumping him with that price tag attached.

Ervin's 2012 season sucked. He throws a HIGH amount of sliders and studies have shown that pitchers who throw 30% or more sliders and show a velocity drop have a high probability of an arm injury in the near future.

I don't think it was a bad idea to dump him in principle. I like Ervin and wish him well but there were real reasons that decision was made. Of course Ervin is making them look bad now but oh well?