• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani will start on Sunday

jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I know you’re just joking, but actually I felt Maddon on Thursday was very non-commital. He left both possibilities (pitching again and getting shut down) very open. 

So having articles that say, “Ohtani might not pitch again this season” was basically to increase clicks or discussion which is exactly what your job is.  

Ohtani hasn't been in even a sniff of a playoff push his entire Angel career. Hard to see why he would risk yet another injury at this point. No one would fault him for being cautious. A tenth win is meaningless. Except maybe to him. I guess being personally stats oriented is all he has to play for, given team non contention.,And what if he does start and have another disaster like his last mound outing? More MVP negative perception? Better leave well enough alone. 

4 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Ohtani hasn't been in even a sniff of a playoff push his entire Angel career. Hard to see why he would risk yet another injury at this point. No one would fault him for being cautious. A tenth win is meaningless. Except maybe to him. I guess being personally stats oriented is all he has to play for, given team non contention.,And what if he does start and have another disaster like his last mound outing? More MVP negative perception? Better leave well enough alone. 

Maybe because he isn’t risking injury anymore than any player ever risks injury by taking the mound. 

45 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe, and this is a real shocker so prepare yourself......... but maybe he just likes playing baseball. And maybe, just maybe, he takes his multi-million dollar contract to PLAY baseball, I dunno, seriously?

17 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

See?

When Maddon says shit literally the opposite happens. 

I honestly think the results are solid.  But dude I agree.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I know you’re just joking, but actually I felt Maddon on Thursday was very non-commital. He left both possibilities (pitching again and getting shut down) very open. 

The media is so complicated it’s like dating.  I imagine it feels to Maddon that he’s doing his pretty darn good job but nothing he says or does can ever be correct.

Look at the bright side. 

The Angels have been able to find out how much he can do without the added pressure of being in a race.  If they were in a race and he missed a start, more people would lose their minds.  People that aren't Angels fans.   Maybe this workload prepares him for next year.  Maybe they change the plan a bit.

I think a lot of his struggles at the plate have to do with the lack of support around him in the lineup.  He's gotten away from what made him successful earlier in the season.  He may be trying to do too much.  Also, umpires suck and hitting is difficult.