• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Interesting Angel Stats

Stradling

56 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Did he mention how bad offensively Fletcher has been this year?  

.206/.255/.235 in the 60 games since his hitting streak ended.  .255/.287/.294 in the 60 games before the hitting streak.  .454/.468/.630 during the 26-game hitting streak.

Just a bizarre season to be THAT hot for 26 games wedged in between two 60-game stretches of utter ineptitude. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Fletcher needs to adjust his approach a bit. He's never going to be a big OPS guy. But he can't have a BB% below 5. He's getting himself out 90% of the time, and pitchers know it.

You’re right @tdawg87.  His pitch selection is awful.  While his swing and miss rate is very good, his pitch selection is downright awful, especially for a guy batting lead off.  I have rarely seen a guy swing at so many pitches at eye level like Fletch does.  While he is successful sometimes driving that pitch to right field, he would be a hell of a lot more productive just laying off those pitches and taking the walk.

It reminds me of my son when he was in Little League and Pony ball.  The boy simply could not lay off the high pitches.  It was his damn kryptonite.

12 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

You’re right @tdawg87.  His pitch selection is awful.  While his swing and miss rate is very good, his pitch selection is downright awful, especially for a guy batting lead off.  I have rarely seen a guy swing at so many pitches at eye level like Fletch does.  While he is successful sometimes driving that pitch to right field, he would be a hell of a lot more productive just laying off those pitches and taking the walk.

It reminds me of my son when he was in Little League and Pony ball.  The boy simply could not lay off the high pitches.  It was his damn kryptonite.

Sounds like your son needed AO to vent at his games.

"Stop swinging at the high fastball!

Just stop it!"