• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ White Sox (9/15/21): Junk on the mound

jsnpritchett

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I know you jest (I hope), but he's sucked for a month and a half now, or at least been mediocre.

July 30 on: .193/.321/.379, 87 wRC+, 168 PA

Not the MVP type stats that are going to move writers away from giving Vlad Jr more 1st place votes. 

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not the MVP type stats that are going to move writers away from giving Vlad Jr more 1st place votes. 

Vlad may be hurt by Semien, although I'm guessing very few if any vote for Semien over Vlad.

That said, I still think Ohtani is a virtual lock. Vlad is having a great year, but it is basically a "garden variety" best hitter of the year season, while Ohtani's is historic.

But it wouldn't hurt if Shohei got his head out of his ass and finished strong.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Vlad may be hurt by Semien, although I'm guessing very few if any vote for Semien over Vlad.

That said, I still think Ohtani is a virtual lock. Vlad is having a great year, but it is basically a "garden variety" best hitter of the year season, while Ohtani's is historic.

Garden variety?  He’s a few RBI away from the Triple Crown.  

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Semien will get 3rd place votes, that won't affect Vlad Jr. The East coast doesn't stay up until midnight to see if Ohtani is doing something spectacular (which he really hasn't in the last couple months) so their last impressions is what happens before they hit the pillow. When it comes time to vote they will look at the same stats we do and Vlad Jr. is powering his team to the playoffs, Ohtani has a power outage.

All Ohtani had to do is play to league average the last couple months but he hasn't and his pitching outings have varied results. I blame Maddon for not sitting him the game after he pitches and seeing he gets one game more off every week or so just to let his body physically recover.

But bad managing aside, Ohtani's production is his own to uphold. I can see the writers having pause before putting him as the #1 choice.