• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Angels Approval Ratings

Taylor

Angels Approval Ratings  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the job Arte Moreno is doing?

• Strongly Approve
    • Moderately Approve
    • Neither Approve nor Dissaprove
    • Moderately Disapprove
    • Strongly Disapprove
  2. 2. Do you approve of the job Perry Minasian is doing?

• Strongly Approve
    • Moderately Approve
    • Neither Approve nor Disapprove
    • Moderately Disapprove
    • Strongly Disapprove
  3. 3. Do you approve of the job Joe Maddon is doing?

• Strongly Approve
    • Moderately Approve
    • Neither Approve nor Disapprove
    • Moderately Disapprove
    • Strongly Disapprove

This is a very good topic to post so let's talk a bit about this:

Do I approve of what Moreno has done?
I said moderately disapprove. The only reason why I can't give the worst rating is the fact that he spends money. I have to thank him for that (no matter how stupid he is with it)... Though I wish he'd see what the Dodgers are doing....

Do I approve of what Minasian has done?
I moderately approve (surprisingly). I like where he's taking the farm and how he's been quick to get rid of bad players (Pujols, Iglesias, Eaton, Claudio). He's also been quick to keep the farm moving and it's a good breath of fresh air. Now that he knows the team better, his real grade comes after this offseason with WHO HE BRINGS IN.

Do I approve of what Maddon has done?
Moderately disagree. Believe it or not, his extreme optimism has bugged the hell out of me. I also haven't been a fan of his lineup card and his quick hooks on the field. 

In 2021, I like to think everyone is doing the best they can. It sucks but when you look at the injuries there was no way the team was headed to the playoffs. You can court players in the off season but you can’t make them sign if they don’t want to play for the Angels. This winter I hope that those coming back in ‘22 think about what role they want to play on  next year’s team. Hopefully some will chose to take a leadership role and give an identity to the clubhouse.

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Based on the results, I think we could easily recall Arte.

Don't even try, he has the support of corporate ticket holders that will back him with a $5,000 a plate campaign contribution dinner at The Newport Yacht Club. The best we can hope for is a couple In-N-Out coupons from @Stradling, but then again probably not because he's an Arte supporter.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Don't even try, he has the support of corporate ticket holders that will back him with a $5,000 a plate campaign contribution dinner at The Newport Yacht Club. The best we can hope for is a couple In-N-Out coupons from @Stradling, but then again probably not because he's an Arte supporter.

Strad voted strongly disapprove for Arte.

Arte Moreno: Strongly Disapprove. It cannot be understated how badly Moreno runs this franchise. He meddles into baseball operations way more than any GM should and he doesn't seem to treat people within his organization the proper way. (His interference in the LAD trade and his furloughing of employees/scouts and lack of care for minor leaguers greatly show this)

Perry Minasian: Neither Approve nor Disapprove. He's done some good things, but also some bad things. Still too early to judge him entirely, but this offseason will be a big test. He can't whiff again on so many free agents and he needs to build more depth. Now, he has a better understanding of this organization. So let's see what happens.

Joe Maddon: Moderately Disapprove. I think his bullpen management is awful and he may be too loyal in some cases, but there probably are some benefits he provides behind the scenes that we can't see (which leads me to not strongly disapprove of him)

So...

I gave Arte a "neither approve nor disapprove" - He has proven he'll spend his money (not every org can say that - and that alone almost had me give him a "moderately approve").  I think he's also given fans an improved experience at the ball park... I'm not a big fan of his "meddling" in the baseball operations (see: Josh Hamilton)...

I gave Perry a "moderately approve" - While you can't mistake activity for achievement - he has really come up with some creative finds to fix some of the present problems.  I LOVE what he did in the draft (all pitching).  And I liked the Heaney trade... and I LOVE that we cut ties with Pujols...

I gave Maddon a "moderately approve" - Yeah, I find his shtick a little grating and goofy... but I really appreciate his change of direction where Shohei is concerned: "we're going to let him have a say in his workload" - that's a huge reason, in my mind, that we're getting to witness this incredible season for the ages... The hard limit from the prior regime would never let this fly... I also kind of think that with all of the turnover in the lineup this year, it allows an environment for Maddon to really experiment and show his "mad scientist" side - I'd like to think we'll see less of that with a solid and stable lineup on the field...

I am ok with Arte. He isn't perfect. But , if he were to sell the team, i could see us getting an owner who goes full Miami Marlins with payroll. A new owner probably won't be able to pay cash for the team, along with the stadium rebuild/renovation. I would expect a new owner to have a lot more debt.