• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mosquitos

failos

Holy shit…I’m getting mauled by these bastards. I have no clue how to get rid of them, and I rarely ever see them inside the house—but I still get bit like twice a night. How do I get rid of these worthless pieces of shit?

I don’t ever remember this being an issue in SoCal until this year.

Ive tried Eucalyptus oil, Neem oil, not opening windows, etc…but I’m still getting bit.

Is there any standing water around your house? Leaky hose faucet outside your window saturating the ground?

I hate mosquitos because I get an allergic reaction to their bites and it sometimes turns into cellulitis. That's a possibly dangerous skin rash. 

I grew up in Philadelphia and there were millions of them in the air in the summer evenings. My Mom sprayed us with some kind of industrial strength insect repellant before we went out to play. I'm probably going to get cancer someday, but it stopped the biting.

Ankle biters are a piece of shit.  The good news is their lifespan is short.  3 weeks.  But in those 3 weeks, the females try to make your life as miserable as possible.  They need your blood to lay their eggs.  

I have also noticed, like you that Eucalyptus and deet most of the times do not work.  I've resorted to wearing my thin hiking pants outside, and inside in locations where I tend to get bit.  That seems to be the only thing that keeps these bloodsuckers at bay.  

Other things I've tried are those fan machines, but they don't seem to be really attracted to uv light like advertised.  I did notice that my uv light zapper has a bunch of victims on it.  But it's 50/50 between gnats and mosquitoes.  I haven't tried the carbon dioxide machines, which again are advertised to work or not.  

We’ve had a big problem with the ankle biters at school. We’ve had some pest control people out twice and followed their suggestions about clearing them out. We should be close to the end of their cycle this week or next. I’m tired of being bitten, and so are the kids. They get into our rooms because we’re required to keep our doors open because of COVID, which is stupid and pointless.

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

When I was in Alaska 30 years ago our secret formula was Avon Skin So Soft. they've since created a repellant formula that might be worth trying

https://mosquitoreviews.com/mosquito-repellents/avon-skin-so-soft/

I used to use that all the time when I was younger

Worked great

On 9/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Tank said:

We’ve had a big problem with the ankle biters at school. We’ve had some pest control people out twice and followed their suggestions about clearing them out. We should be close to the end of their cycle this week or next. I’m tired of being bitten, and so are the kids. They get into our rooms because we’re required to keep our doors open because of COVID, which is stupid and pointless.

Get some of these Magnetic Screens

https://www.amazon.com/Door-Magnetic-Screen-Fiberglass-Friendly/dp/B07DHSLYJC/ref=asc_df_B07DHSLYJC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242008278630&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17922791976905681109&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031011&hvtargid=pla-487579416876&psc=1#