• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Padres glorious off-season revisited

Inside Pitch

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

No, but then again, I don’t make really bad comparisons, so if I did I might have a different answer.  Oh and by the way, if the “potato cutter” thought it was about him, he would be wrong.  

Hey man, I'm just making the simple point that you probably wouldn't let co workers scream at each other in view of customers. At least I hope you wouldn't.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Obviously they gave up a lot for guys that aren't necessarily producing what the Padres hoped for this year--but isn't the tweet a little misleading?  It almost seems to imply that they Padres only control those guys for this season and that 6.7 WAR is all they're ever going to get for them.  They control Musgrove through next season, Snell & Darvish through '23, Nola through '25, Adams through '24, Frazier through next season, Williams through '24, Clevinger through next season, Caratini through 2023, and potentially Marisnick through next season (mutual option).  That's not 167 years of control like they gave up--but you wouldn't expect the years of control to be equal when you're trading prospects for major leaguers.

Again, not saying these were all the right moves--but they're not quiet as bad as the tweet makes it seem.

And injuries happen... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Inside Pitch said:

When it's all said and done..  Four games under .500.  Two games better than the Angels.

And thats with Tatis having a monster year. 

Dont think ANYBODY could have seen that coming... especially if you told them trout/rendon/upton would miss the year, and bundy would fall off a cliff.

Baseball is weird