• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

8 Suspended for Dodgers-DBacks brawl

Unwritten rule is you never throw at a guys head. Hit him in the back or the butt, but the head is off limits.throwing at a guys head ought to warrant longer suspensions.

He should've gotten 1 month, IMO.

I don't see how all the 'experts' have been saying the pitch to Puig just got away from him, and only the pitch to Greinke was intentional.  Both pitches were identical and thrown on the same trajectory to the head.  So he was able to perfectly 'duplicate' the first "accidental" beanball?  If both pitches were completely an accident, he would've immediately showed concern and walked up to both to make sure they weren't seriously hurt.  At the very least, he would've apologized after hitting them.  I didn't see any concern or remorse on his face after either throw.

This whole thing is screwy. Nobody talks about the fact that Ross was hit first. Kennedy somehow "accidentally" hit two batters in the face, one if them being a pitcher which is a double no-no. And finally, for some reason Greinke came up to bat even though he wasn't pitching the next inning. Maybe Mattingly was looking to get that leadoff runner?

Im convinced puig was an accident.

And why is hitting the other pitcher a no no? If anything, it's a yes yes. If you want to get back at the other team for throwing at you, hit the guy doing it (though I thought it should've ended when montero got hit

Im convinced puig was an accident.

And why is hitting the other pitcher a no no? If anything, it's a yes yes. If you want to get back at the other team for throwing at you, hit the guy doing it (though I thought it should've ended when montero got hit

No you don't. It is one of those unwritten rules. You hit a player, expect one of your players to get hit. But you never intentionally throw at anyones head or at a pitcher.

Technically, both teams hit 2 batters. Puig was in response to Ross and Greinke was in response to Montero. Kennedys responses were BS though and went too far.

After Greinke hit Montero, that should have been the end of it. Kennedy hitting Greinke was 1-Intentional, and B-Overkill. You saw him start to walk off the field as soon as the pitch hit him, he KNEW he was gonna be gone.

For these suspensions to have an effect, starting pitchers should get 15 games as a bare minimum, a month would be better. Ten days means probably only one start. Especially if he appeals and it gets reduced (as they usually do) to 8 games.

Now Hinske, I don't understand his getting 5 games. I didn't see him throwing punches or anything. I certainly didn't see him doing more than Belisario did. I get the other suspensions, but I'm surprised that Puig didn't get hit with one, but I kinda understand it with his getting hit in the face. Maybe MLB understood that Puig might have been a little upset.