• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can the Angels win the championship next year?

Torridd

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

I believe they can. 

Love the optimism.

They already have the offense. 

Agree, but only if it can stay on the field. I've seen nothing this year to make me believe next year will be any different.

I think we need one reliable free agent pitcher

I think we need a TOR pitcher. Ohtani has the stuff but he isn't going to give you 200+ innings. The rotation needs that to take pressure off an often overworked bullpen.

some tweaking in the bullpen

We need to rebuild the bullpen. Our only high quality reliable arm is a FA and most of the others are either FA's or are just a bit rubbish.

some blossoming of the young players

Agreed. This will be essential as they will make up most of the 26 next year.

little to no injury to our crucial players

You're a funny guy. This is the Angels, we break players so much it's pretty much in our franchise DNA. We need quality depth.

Let me know what you think.

Maybe a wild card if lots of things go right.

As long as the offense doesn't completely disappear in the second half like it did this year (Fletcher, Ohtani, Stassi, etc), and as long as Trout and Rendon return healthy and productive, we should score a lot of runs.

One top starter and a revamped bullpen, little or no injuries to the pitchers, and a wild card is definitely achievable.

Oh...the defense has to greatly improve too.

9 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Love the optimism.

Agree, but only if it can stay on the field. I've seen nothing this year to make me believe next year will be any different.

I think we need a TOR pitcher. Ohtani has the stuff but he isn't going to give you 200+ innings. The rotation needs that to take pressure off an often overworked bullpen.

We need to rebuild the bullpen. Our only high quality reliable arm is a FA and most of the others are either FA's or are just a bit rubbish.

Agreed. This will be essential as they will make up most of the 26 next year.

You're a funny guy. This is the Angels, we break players so much it's pretty much in our franchise DNA. We need quality depth.

Maybe a wild card if lots of things go right.

Dude nothing against torrid but the the audience is some broader.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

Dude nothing against torrid but the the audience is some broader.

Forgive me @Revad but I have absolutely no idea what this sentence means. I understand all the words but not the way they are arranged. Is this google translate or are you just having a really bad day? 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

As long as the offense doesn't completely disappear in the second half like it did this year (Fletcher, Ohtani, Stassi, etc), and as long as Trout and Rendon return healthy and productive, we should score a lot of runs.

One top starter and a revamped bullpen, little or no injuries to the pitchers, and a wild card is definitely achievable.

Oh...the defense has to greatly improve too.

Forgot about the defense.

In addition to shoring up the bullpen and stabilizing the rotation with a #2 or better starter, improving the defense should be a high priority.  With most positional starting roles filled, Minasian will have to work on the few open positions, SS, #2C and bench.  I think it is more probable they sign a SS with defense in mind than trust it to Rengifo, and that likely means no Raul Iglesias.  I can see them starting out doing closer by committee until someone establishes himself.  Contending for the division will come down to how savvy his choices are with pitching and of course injuries.  

Absolutely, but it requires a lot

• returned health for Trout, Rendon, Sandoval, Rodriguez and ongoing for Ohtani
  • Spend big money on 2 frontline SP (sounds like we've been saying this a while) 
  • I think pen is better than most here, I like the younger arms. Give Iglesias a QO and add 1 or 2 nice pen arms
  • SS defense must be solidified. 

All possible but it's a lot

33 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Absolutely, but it requires a lot

• returned health for Trout, Rendon, Sandoval, Rodriguez and ongoing for Ohtani
  • Spend big money on 2 frontline SP (sounds like we've been saying this a while) 
  • I think pen is better than most here, I like the younger arms. Give Iglesias a QO and add 1 or 2 nice pen arms
  • SS defense must be solidified. 

All possible but it's a lot

Iglesias will not accept QO