• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prediction: Which pending free agents WILL the Angels re-sign and bring back for next year?

BTH

Prediction: Which pending free agents WILL the Angels re-sign and bring back for next year?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction: Which pending free agents WILL the Angels re-sign and bring back for next year?

• Dylan Bundy
    • Steve Cishek
    • Alex Cobb
    • Raisel Iglesias
    • Kurt Suzuki
    • Dexter Fowler
    • Juan Lagares

22 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I have one main concern with bringing back Cishek: he's 35. He's a sidearmer, so he might last longer than others, but he's eventually gonna decline. Next year could easily be that year.

Relievers are so volatile that really anything could happen. He could be garbage, he could be the same as this year, he could be lights out. But if he only cost us 1/$1m this year, he's probably in that neighborhood next year, and with so many young, optionable, untested arms, stockpiling a couple cheap vets seems to be a pretty sound (although non-exciting) strategy. Iglesias could decline next year. Any arm could decline next year. But Cishek would be cheap enough that it would be easy to move on without big loss. Joe Smith, side-arming at age 37, has been just fine for Seattle after posting some ugly numbers with Houston, although not really any better than Cishek.

I'd rather they re-sign Iglesias (or another top closer) and then stay fairly cheap with the other vets. It's a lot easier to DFA/demote/cut/trade a vet when they're due a mil or two instead of $6m+ or a couple years.

Re-signing Iglesias has to the Priority, He going to get around 16-19 Mil in free agency, so giving him the QO doesn't hurt us.

Cobb with his injury history and age, Will probablu be Plab b or c in the starter department. I estimate he'll get under 10 mil.

Basically we'll have around 20 mil, not including re-signing cobb to sepnd on a free agents starter. 

second, it be interesting to see where Perry goes, last year he didn't even chcek in on  Bauer (thank you), instead he went after Cobb and Quintana, one which worked out great and the other not so much. 

iF ARTE WANTS TO TRULY CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THIS TEAM, NOT IS the point to open the paycheck and totally go over the threshold, ands now is the time with the amount of young talent coming up.  

15 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Re-signing Iglesias has to the Priority, He going to get around 16-19 Mil in free agency, so giving him the QO doesn't hurt us.

Cobb with his injury history and age, Will probablu be Plab b or c in the starter department. I estimate he'll get under 10 mil.

Basically we'll have around 20 mil, not including re-signing cobb to sepnd on a free agents starter. 

second, it be interesting to see where Perry goes, last year he didn't even chcek in on  Bauer (thank you), instead he went after Cobb and Quintana, one which worked out great and the other not so much. 

iF ARTE WANTS TO TRULY CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THIS TEAM, NOT IS the point to open the paycheck and totally go over the threshold, ands now is the time with the amount of young talent coming up.  

You ok?  Do you smell burnt toast?

I just worry that Cobb is Bundy 2.0.  I realize that he still might make a handful of starts if he comes off the IL like he's rumored to--but as of right now, he's only thrown 77 2/3 IP this year. 

His stats:

7-3, 3.82 ERA/2.62 FIP, 1.262 WHIP, 9.7 K/9

Bundy in 2020:

6-3, 3.29 ERA/2.95 FIP, 1.036 WHIP, 9.9 K/9

I just don't trust Cobb yet.