• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Astros (9/10/21 5pm): Ohtani on the mound & hitting 2nd, Adell hitting cleanup

jsnpritchett

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Damn it Chuck. I missed that thread. I googled it and found the athletic article and read the free part. I love how honest he was. I'm just surprised it took him that long to get pissed off. I'm glad he got interviewed even if it was just a courtesy. I have a feeling that management didn't like the direction Victor wanted to take the team. Probably clashed with Moreno's flawed view. If we aren't discussing it anymore, that's a shame but I am glad Victor said those things. Maybe now Moreno will listen to some of the stuff he said or maybe he has already. 

Why would Arte now listen to a guy who works for the Rangers?

Just now, Stradling said:

Or shitty data.  But if IP, Blarg and Doc can get that data the front office surely can get that data. 

The question is, does the data the Angels have show different results.  Then it would make sense.  But when dealing in probability type stats you want the largest sample possible, and when those samples show certain hitter tendencies and the team goes opposite them...  ????????

It's the primary source of my detachment.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

The question is, does the data the Angels have show different results.  Then it would make sense.  But when dealing in probability type stats you want the largest sample possible, and when those samples show certain hitter tendencies and the team goes opposite them...  ????????

It's the primary source of my detachment.

I mean it seems like someone is actively sabotaging the team. It's so fucking ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I’m in no mood for your stuff, Lou.

Trying to hold down the fort with a now 22 hour power outage and no freaking end in sight.

I was referencing the thread that was deleted. I was giving you advice. 

Go ahead and rant on if you want.  I'm sure that'll help.

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I genuinely wish I knew...  If only to have an actual direction to vent at.  I personally believe its Maddon, but I don't know it so....   But its been an ongoing issue all year and the biggest reason I can't buy into next year being any different.

This is the same issue the Cubs organization had with their former manager. Data was provided but it wasn't applied. 

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I genuinely wish I knew...  If only to have an actual direction to vent at.  I personally believe its Maddon, but I don't know it so....   But its been an ongoing issue all year and the biggest reason I can't buy into next year being any different.

IF we get Trout back next year and

IF Rendon returns and

IF most of the bullpen is replaced and 

IF much of our team remains healthy unlike this year and

IF we get one or two quality pitchers via FA or trades and

IF we get a quality shortstop and

IF we get some better coaches and

IF our hitters remember how to hit and finally

IF Ohtani stays the hell away from the home run derby,

we would appear to have a good chance at the postseason.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Do you think this has affected Trouts ability/desire to recover from his calf injury?

I don’t generally buy into the tanking idea but you have to wonder if Trout has reached a limit on how inept this team has been run during his tenure.

Edited by Tank

57 minutes ago, Tank said:

Do you think this has affected Trouts ability/desire to recover from his calf injury?

I don’t generally buy into the tanking idea but you have to wonder if Trout has reached a limit on how inept this team has been run during his tenure.

I don't think that's part of Trout's mindset.  I think if anything he likely blames himself for the team not being better.

Trout/Ohtani, have both publicly stated they believed in what the team was doing previously, but it might only be a matter of time before ppl start questioning things they see are failing in real time.  

We don't have access to all the stuff they do so it's all conjecture on our end.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Absolutely not.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

So, why wouldn’t Trout and Rendon return next year?  

Rendon seems to be constantly injured, so who knows how many games he'll play.

Trout's calf injury appears to be more serious than the Angels are admitting. Who knows if he'll be sore for a long time to come.

Anecdotal, but my younger brother tore his calf two years ago playing basketball and he's still in pain. The doctor prescribed pain meds and said he couldn't really do anything more about it. 

There's radio silence on Trout. No updates, no statements. He's obviously not returning this year, and really, what's the true extent of this injury? Four months now, and no news. Strange.