• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suffering fan

Jon b

What a shame that one of the hottest markets in the MLB, rostering two of the most prominent

faces of baseball today, can't field a playoff caliber team.  I am completely disgusted by the ownership 

the Angels.  You have had more than ample time to field a winner but continue to fail to spend the money.

"What a lineup if we only had pitching".... say the disgruntled fans year in and year out.  As a long time fan, I must say 

the frustration has boiled over.

Thanks for letting me air it out

It's definitely been a rough year but as a lifelong Halos fan I can say, I've had worse years, for sure.

For me, what's more hopeful this year as opposed to other bad years are the young players that are actually getting a chance to play (The pitchers, Adel and Marsh).

In my mind, if Trout, Rendon come back healthy and we resign Iglesias then add a couple of pieces we're good.  

12 hours ago, Jon b said:

What a shame that one of the hottest markets in the MLB, rostering two of the most prominent

faces of baseball today, can't field a playoff caliber team.  I am completely disgusted by the ownership 

the Angels.  You have had more than ample time to field a winner but continue to fail to spend the money.

"What a lineup if we only had pitching".... say the disgruntled fans year in and year out.  As a long time fan, I must say 

Think of it as year one of a new GM's regime.  They suffered multiple catastrophic injuries this year, coupled with complete no-shows by two pitchers that NO ONE thought would completely mess the bed the way they did.  

However, they are addressing pitching through the draft and at this early juncture seem to have done well.  The new GM has a MUCH better idea of the capabilities of the young players (Sandoval, Marsh, Adell, et al.) on the 40-man and minors, which will inform his transactions this off-season.  Ohtani has blown up like Hiroshima.  Going into next season, even before any off-season moves, they have one ace, a seemingly solid #2 guy (who hopefully will be displaced to #3 by a new acquisition), controlled young bottom of the rotation arms, a decent bench and the inside track on retaining an elite closer.  Outfield depth galore with likely improved defense (as J-UP plays less). Catcher, 1st, 2nd and 3rd base locked up by solid players all with satisfactory or superior offense.

Sure, Minasian has to shore up the bullpen, bring in a workhorse #2 or better starter, add a proficient SS and overall improve defense.  There will be a little extra payroll room this year after arb and other increases.  No reason he can't bring in the personnel they need.  Next year will come down to injuries.  If low to moderate, they will contend for the division.

In some ways, being a fan is like being in a marriage, you can't hold on to all the things they did wrong several years ago and you have to celebrate the things they are doing right and are improving on.  The Angels are on an upward trajectory and you're in on the ground floor.  

yti6E31.gif

14 hours ago, Jon b said:

Dude you definitely belong here.  I agree.

Edited by Revad

1 hour ago, Junkballer said:

Think of it as year one of a new GM's regime.  They suffered multiple catastrophic injuries this year, coupled with complete no-shows by two pitchers that NO ONE thought would completely mess the bed the way they did.  

However, they are addressing pitching through the draft and at this early juncture seem to have done well.  The new GM has a MUCH better idea of the capabilities of the young players (Sandoval, Marsh, Adell, et al.) on the 40-man and minors, which will inform his transactions this off-season.  Ohtani has blown up like Hiroshima.  Going into next season, even before any off-season moves, they have one ace, a seemingly solid #2 guy (who hopefully will be displaced to #3 by a new acquisition), controlled young bottom of the rotation arms, a decent bench and the inside track on retaining an elite closer.  Outfield depth galore with likely improved defense (as J-UP plays less). Catcher, 1st, 2nd and 3rd base locked up by solid players all with satisfactory or superior offense.

Sure, Minasian has to shore up the bullpen, bring in a workhorse #2 or better starter, add a proficient SS and overall improve defense.  There will be a little extra payroll room this year after arb and other increases.  No reason he can't bring in the personnel they need.  Next year will come down to injuries.  If low to moderate, they will contend for the division.

In some ways, being a fan is like being in a marriage, you can't hold on to all the things they did wrong several years ago and you have to celebrate the things they are doing right and are improving on.  The Angels are on an upward trajectory and you're in on the ground floor.  

yti6E31.gif

Junkballer....From the Suffering Fan,

I def struck a nerve or 2 but have to tell you this.

What an awesome, well thought out ,cogent and positive response you offered.

Thanks,

Keepin' the faith in Anaheim

1 hour ago, Jon b said:

Junkballer....From the Suffering Fan,

I def struck a nerve or 2 but have to tell you this.

What an awesome, well thought out ,cogent and positive response you offered.

Thanks,

Keepin' the faith in Anaheim

I have to say, for the record that there are possibly people that know baseball more than me and they often show up here.

Welcome, @Jon b

It's refreshing to have someone new join the website and articulate their frustrations without bashing the owner, cursing the team and coming off as a total dick. 

You should be just fine here. Hit me or anyone else up here if you have any questions and feel free to keep giving your opinions on all things Angels, any time. 

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act