• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are some things you'd like to see before season end?

Chuck

Untitled-design-7-1.jpeg

There's definitely some silver linings that have come out of the 2021 campaign, despite the frustration of losing Mike Trout, Anthony Rendon for the majority of the season and some other injuries that have interrupted player development (Sandoval, Canning, C-Rod), in addition to Bundy, Quintana not being able to contribute to the team's success, Cobb able to stay on the field. 

The Angels were able to get some pretty solid prospects for Andrew Heaney and Tony Watson, see what Sandoval, C-Rod, Detmers (should be back soon) could do from the mound, Warren & Wantz look great, Adell & Marsh have taken great steps to date in terms of showing they can be solid major leaguer contributors at the major league level and of course Ohtani. Ohtani's historical season alone has captured Angels & MLB fans in general attention and has been really the story of the season in what has been a pretty poor season overall. 

While not officially mathematically eliminated yet, the Angels season is pretty much over in terms of making the playoffs.

That said, what are some things you'd like to see before season end?

Here's ours...

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Untitled-design-7-1.jpeg

There's definitely some silver linings that have come out of the 2021 campaign, despite the frustration of losing Mike Trout, Anthony Rendon for the majority of the season and some other injuries that have interrupted player development (Sandoval, Canning, C-Rod), in addition to Bundy, Quintana not being able to contribute to the team's success, Cobb able to stay on the field. 

The Angels were able to get some pretty solid prospects for Andrew Heaney and Tony Watson, see what Sandoval, C-Rod, Detmers (should be back soon) could do from the mound, Warren & Wantz look great, Adell & Marsh have taken great steps to date in terms of showing they can be solid major leaguer contributors at the major league level and of course Ohtani. Ohtani's historical season alone has captured Angels & MLB fans in general attention and has been really the story of the season in what has been a pretty poor season overall. 

While not officially mathematically eliminated yet, the Angels season is pretty much over in terms of making the playoffs.

That said, what are some things you'd like to see before season end?

Here's ours...

Adell and Marsh gaining experience and confidence down the stretch will be big for their development. I think its safe to assume they are part of the team's future. The Ohtani stuff would be a great thing but they aren't going to happen as he's really cooled off. He'll get 10 wins though and hopefully MVP. The other numbers really do not matter at this point. I don't really care about saves for Iglesias as long as he's pitching well. he has been a light in a dark bullpen this season. 

Always nice to see the youngsters wrap up on a strong note.  I’m not really sure what else there is to care about.  Arte isn’t going away.  I doubt Maddon gets shit canned.  I don’t even care that much if he does or not.  I think he’s sucks but I also don’t think he matters that much.  Or any manager.  Anyway.  I’m looking forward to the shit show being over so I can resume pretending that they’ll be competitive again at some point during the off-season.   Should be an interesting one this year. 

- Ohtani pull himself out of his hitting slump and finish strong. 50 HR would be indicative that.

- Adell/Marsh finish strong, continue to show that they're ready for the Show.

- Rengifo displaying glimmers that he may turn into a useful major leaguer.

- Stefanic getting a cup (although I know there are 40-man issues, so am OK if he makes his debut next year)

- Jordyn Adams starting to hit

- Trout returning and mashing for a couple weeks, if only to see him on the field