• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Today: The Power of Shohei Ohtani

AngelsWin.com

I couldn't stop smiling as I read through this. Great job @Chuckster70and thank you for sharing your experiences @h723_! This article is making me want to go to as many games as possible before the season's end. I know it is a lost season but we can't be taking for granted just how special a season Ohtani is putting up. 

Wow! 

This article is just great and appeals how much the American love and enjoy baseball, and cherish one Japanese gal under her mission to give Ohtani-kun a Gold medal that she made on her great journey. 

Indeed Ohtani-kun's play reminds every baseball fans of Babe Ruth, one of the baseball legends, which every fans want to see, as in the movie "Field of Dreams", there appear Shoeless Joe and so forth who just want to enjoy playing baseball in the "heaven" baseball field in corns.   

I do not know if Pikichin completed her mission but I am sure that her globe trotter travel end with delightful memory with baseball fans.  

4 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I couldn't stop smiling as I read through this. Great job @Chuckster70and thank you for sharing your experiences @h723_! This article is making me want to go to as many games as possible before the season's end. I know it is a lost season but we can't be taking for granted just how special a season Ohtani is putting up. 

Thank you, @rafibomb.

Despite the lost season, I try not to miss a single at bat or game just because of Ohtani.

You just never know what this man will do at the plate, on the mound or on the bases.

We're seeing history being made. I don't take that for granted. 

What an amazing story for her. She is absolutely right, the world needs more positive and inspirational stories right now, and who better to focus on than Shohei Ohtani! I hope he reads the story and will tweet out to her and his other amazing fans, both in America and around the world, to continue to provide inspiration.

He may be the pride of Japan, but he is inspiring baseball fans around the world. We are so lucky that he plays for the Angels.

Great article and interview, Chuck. Shohei has been all that we hoped for and more. I think before the season I suggested that the absolute best-case scenario for him this year as a two-way player was 7-8 WAR, but I'd be OK with 4 and very happy with 5-6. He's at 7.1 according to Fangraphs and 7.7 for BR. If he continues to pitch well and has another hot streak in hitting he should be able to surpass 8 and 9, respectively. Just unbelievable.

Anyhow, I can't wait to see him play alongside a healthy Trout and Rendon next year. 

As a side note, I'd love to see the Angels start their season in Japan for a three-game series. I mean, why not?

On 9/3/2021 at 12:47 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Great article and interview, Chuck. Shohei has been all that we hoped for and more. I think before the season I suggested that the absolute best-case scenario for him this year as a two-way player was 7-8 WAR, but I'd be OK with 4 and very happy with 5-6. He's at 7.1 according to Fangraphs and 7.7 for BR. If he continues to pitch well and has another hot streak in hitting he should be able to surpass 8 and 9, respectively. Just unbelievable.

Anyhow, I can't wait to see him play alongside a healthy Trout and Rendon next year. 

As a side note, I'd love to see the Angels start their season in Japan for a three-game series. I mean, why not?

That would be very cool. Baseball would do well by expanding the global market, and what better way to do that than with someone with such international appeal.