• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How?

An increasing number of owners refuse to spend money, hence the numerous tank jobs that occur now.

Could have close to 1/3 of the teams losing at least 90-95 games.

Most owners spend plenty. 

Teams tank in order to get higher draft picks. Funny how people here continually advocate us tanking as soon as it appears certain we won't make the playoffs. Does that mean Arte refuses to spend money? 

I have the utmost faith that ownership and the MLBPA will happily engage in productive conversations in order to negotiate an agreement in the best interest of the sport.  Look no further than how the two sides have put aside their differences and self interests to make it better for mine leaguers.  We should hear about a joint Taco Bell MiLB venture anyway now.... 

Also once the CBA gets done, Manfred and the MLBPA will team up to finally bring peace to the Middle East.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I have the utmost faith that ownership and the MLBPA will happily engage in productive conversations in order to negotiate an agreement in the best interest of the sport.  Look no further than how the two sides have put aside their differences and self interests to make it better for mine leaguers.  We should hear about a joint Taco Bell MiLB venture anyway now.... 

Also once the CBA gets done, Manfred and the MLBPA will team up to finally bring peace to the Middle East.

no mention of their pronouns or whether white guys can wear dreadlocks?

48 minutes ago, Lou said:

The answer to everything is that the owners need to spend more money. 

Plus do other things more player friendly, like only have 3 game series with one off day per week, and like both having a tax threshold and having minimum payroll threshold.

Reasonable things

The owners are acting like they want to lock out players.

They actually want to lower the salary cap/threshold/whatever to $180 million?  You don’t go backwards.

No FA until age 29.5?   With regards to the young players who start MLB career in early 20s, again, you can’t go backwards.

Edited by Angel Oracle