• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels’ #1 target must be Max Scherzer

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Has Matt Wise been in charge of defensive alignments?   Because if so, fine.....  Wise hasn't been the problem IMO but I agree with Strad, Butcher is likely coming back. 

As I have said previously he is seemingly back on the payroll already and he has history with Maddon.  I do hope Wise is retained in his previous position, there have been enough guys see improvements in the things they can control as pitchers for him to keep his job.

Butcher was fine when he was here too.  Something something, slept like a baby....

Maybe...

Pitching Coach: Mike Butcher

Ast. Pitching Coach: Matt Wise

Bullpen Coach: Dom Chiti

They could just move Wise back to bullpen coach, but why not have 3 pitching coaches? They have 3 hitting coaches, and more and more teams are using 3 pitching coaches now.

7 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Maybe...

They could just move Wise back to bullpen coach, but why not have 3 pitching coaches? They have 3 hitting coaches, and more and more teams are using 3 pitching coaches now.

Yep..   I would love to see it play out like this.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

All three are already on the payroll, so maybe not.

Plus, they've paid Brad Ausmus to not be their manager the last 2 seasons, so it's not like Arte's unwilling to pay lots of money on a coaching staff.

I also think if Maddon wanted 3 pitching coaches, Arte would oblige to his wants.

Angels
12:43
What's priority #1: Signing Scherzer, or re-signing Raisel?

Mark P
12:43
An ace starter is more valuable than an ace reliever, so Scherzer should be the priority if it comes down to it.  But really, no reason the Angels couldn't pursue both.

Max Scherzer
12:44
I want to actually win and go to the playoffs so why would I sign with a team that can't do either of those?

Mark P
12:45
Also a fair point.  If the Dodgers and Angels, for instance, made comparable offers, I would have to imagine Scherzer would sign with the L.A. team that is in the playoffs every year

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 10:29 AM, Trendon said:

Maybe...

Is Dom Chiti the grandson of Harry Chiti?

Reports are that the Mets are likely to sign Scherzer... Reason?  They're going to be the highest bidders.  Scherzer is going to make a financial decision.  He's going to the highest bidder and it's unlikely anyone will outbid Cohen.  Scherzer is an Association Player Rep and that adds to the likelihood that he's not going to turn down the highest bid for his services.  This is what I garnered from MLB Network radio this morning.

15 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Reports are that the Mets are likely to sign Scherzer... Reason?  They're going to be the highest bidders.  Scherzer is going to make a financial decision.  He's going to the highest bidder and it's unlikely anyone will outbid Cohen.  Scherzer is an Association Player Rep and that adds to the likelihood that he's not going to turn down the highest bid for his services.  This is what I garnered from MLB Network radio this morning.

If being the Union player rep makes you take the highest offer, then I guess we will find out that the Mets offer will end up being $1 more than everyone else’s offer, right?

Sherzer is not signing with the Mets out of any obligation to the union.

If he signs for the most money it will be because he wants the most money.  And then his agent will make sure the “loyalty to the union” narrative is omnipresent so that his client doesn’t look like just a greed freak.