• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels’ #1 target must be Max Scherzer

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well we had the 12 days of Bauer or whatever

Yes.  We also had us signing every imaginable free agent.  We have had predictions here that had us signing Realmuto, trading for Chris Sale, trading for Greinke when he went to the Astros, Halladay trade.  Hell we have it on pretty good authority that the Angels were in on Bryce Harper.  That at least came from a better source than us being in on Bauer.  Now Bauer did an amazing job of keeping fans interested in his “journey”. I remember him wearing Angel, Mets, and Blue Jay gear, this off season.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’ve seen zero evidence the Angels were in on Bauer, that was all Mets.  That being said, I did want the Angels to sign Bauer.  I am glad they didn’t and will readily admit I was wrong.  

Well, nobody knew he was a psycho. We dodged a bullet there. I would imagine the family-friendly Dodgers are trying to figure out a way to get rid of him.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Well, nobody knew he was a psycho. We dodged a bullet there. I would imagine the family-friendly Dodgers are trying to figure out a way to get rid of him.

They will need the help of the league office to do that.  Bauer will 100% opt in to his $45 million player option for next year.  

7 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

The morals clause in the standard player contract will take care of that.  Or, the Dodgers will just buy out the remaining two years of the contract, making Bauer a FA again.  

The Yankees will sign him, don't worry. 

I don’t believe in the morals clause, you know since players aren’t being released of their contracts for beating their wives or doing drugs or doing steroids.  

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Scherzer is pitching so well I cannot imagine the Dodgers even let him consider signing elsewhere. We'd have a better shot at signing Kershaw if Max keeps this up.

Then again, he could come here and something might happen to him on the mound. 

No matter how good he is, at his age and being a pitcher, anything can happen.

It's always a crapshoot when you spend $30 million on a thirty-something free agent pitcher. I like the idea of developing our young pitchers who have some real potential and are cost controlled.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Then again, he could come here and something might happen to him on the mound. 

No matter how good he is, at his age and being a pitcher, anything can happen.

It's always a crapshoot when you spend $30 million on a thirty-something free agent pitcher. I like the idea of developing our young pitchers who have some real potential and are cost controlled.

The biggest appeal to me re: Scherzer is that it won't be a deal for 4, 5, 6+ years like most ace pitchers are getting...

That said, I just don't see it happening. I don't think a big, expensive SP signing is gonna fix things. Agree big time on developing cost-controlled arms. That's best way to fix a rotation, followed by trading for impact arms, rather than FA.

I really don't think the Angels need to spend much this winter. Iglesias could be it, and they could round out things with one-year deals/pending FA trades again and they'd be in just as good a place as if they did spend big, IMO.

Arte needs to hope his paycheck this upcoming free agents and try to sign them.

Plan A

Scherzer; 100 mil over 3 yrs. Offer it and if he takes it than perfect. 

Next,

Thor: 25 mil over 1 year 0r Verlander 20 mil over 1 year

or Greinke 15 mil over 1 year 

IF that doesn't work than plan B 

Lastly, Iglesias 64mil over 4 years

Scherzer,Othani, Thor/Verlander/greinke,Sandy, Suarez. 

Put Canning in the BP, Detmer and Rodriguez to AAA to start the season, Trade Barria for a ss or BP arm. 

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Angels should invest in a pitching coach. It would benifit them more than anything else on the market. 

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm 100% with you. Not very impressed with Matt Wise. 

I’ll go out on a limb and say we will see the return of Mike Butcher. 

Has Matt Wise been in charge of defensive alignments?   Because if so, fine.....  Wise hasn't been the problem IMO but I agree with Strad, Butcher is likely coming back. 

As I have said previously he is seemingly back on the payroll already and he has history with Maddon.  I do hope Wise is retained in his previous position, there have been enough guys see improvements in the things they can control as pitchers for him to keep his job.

Butcher was fine when he was here too.  Something something, slept like a baby....

16 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Arte needs to hope his paycheck this upcoming free agents and try to sign them.

Plan A

Scherzer; 100 mil over 3 yrs. Offer it and if he takes it than perfect. 

Next,

Thor: 25 mil over 1 year 0r Verlander 20 mil over 1 year

or Greinke 15 mil over 1 year 

IF that doesn't work than plan B 

Lastly, Iglesias 64mil over 4 years

Scherzer,Othani, Thor/Verlander/greinke,Sandy, Suarez. 

Put Canning in the BP, Detmer and Rodriguez to AAA to start the season, Trade Barria for a ss or BP arm.