• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (8/26/21 10am Pacific start): Barria on the mound, Upton still out

Fire Maddon now.

Ohtani pitched last night, poorly, and has hit .217 for the month of August. He needs to sit out a few games and rest or he is going to get injured.

The Angels are not in a playoff or wildcard race. This team is dead in the water idling at .500 and unable to win a series from any team over .500. 

So quit managing the roster like each game is so vitally important that you have to risk the health of your one remaining star player. It's a road trip, you can sit the star and no fans in the stands are going to pitch a fit. 

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

I agree with Blarg. Sit Ohtani down for a few games at least, and one or two starts. We're nine games back of the 2nd wild card with several teams ahead of us, and a difficult September schedule. All we need is an injury to Shohei. 

He better not sit out tomorrow. I paid good money to watch him play.

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think we all agree. Dude needs to go. 

I've never seen a manager impact every individual game the way he does. He just has to do something to impact the game. 

Maddon's impact on every game pales in comparison to Minasian's impact with his roster construction. 

And I am not fully accepting it's Arte's fault for not opening the pocket book.  The Giants had a worse group of players as a base at the beginning of the off season and their GM constructed a roster that wins games without having to spend lots of money.   The A's continue to do build successful teams without lots of money.  Dipoto built a better team in Seattle in less time than Eppler/Minasian have.  Tampa Bay doesn't seem to need much money in order to compete in the AL East.

Maddon is a symptom, not the problem.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Fire Maddon now.

Ohtani pitched last night, poorly, and has hit .217 for the month of August. He needs to sit out a few games and rest or he is going to get injured.

The Angels are not in a playoff or wildcard race. This team is dead in the water idling at .500 and unable to win a series from any team over .500. 

So quit managing the roster like each game is so vitally important that you have to risk the health of your one remaining star player. It's a road trip, you can sit the star and no fans in the stands are going to pitch a fit. 

Ohtani leadoff HR.

LOL.

Ohtani:

Through July 28: .280/.367/.691, 179 wrC+, 37 HR in 392 PA

July 29 on: .218/.355/.379, 99 wRC+, 3 HR in 107 PA

The weird part is the lack of power.

63 of 96 hits for extra bases (66%), 37 HR (39%)

7 of 19 hits for extra bases (37%), 3 HR (16%)

He's just not squaring up on the ball. His K% hasn't drastically increased, from 30.4% to 32.7%.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I wouldn’t mind if they partially shut down Ohtani in September, both hitting and pitching.

One more PA, and he officially joins Ruth as the only 500 PAs/100 innings guys in a modern era season.

I would be more inclined to sit him down as a pitcher....You would think he would be fine DH'ing.....If we sit him as a pitcher, it would be an ugly rotation for sure.....

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

His is hitting .217 for the month. Could just get through 5 innings pitching last night. You and Maddon would ride that horse into the dirt but he really needs a break. 

He's fine. It's not like he's sleeping on the floor of a kitchen with five other guys, eating Taco Bell and watching shows with zombies.