• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (8/25/21): Ohtani on the mound, leading off

29 minutes ago, malsh said:

I’m genuinely starting to hate this team. Never felt this before, but I hate them. I love the 200x teams and Sosh, and I love Trout, Ohtani, Fletch, Weave, Vladdy, and the 2002 dream team(when they were here)—but I hate everything about this franchise. The cheapass Arte with the dilapidated stadium and utterly shitty food and cheap promotions to picking the worst people to run the team—the Skaggs incident. I think I need a break after I attend the game on Friday. This franchise is finished.

Arte Moreno = Peter Angelos

Sooo, which overpriced SS are you signing next season, Arte?

Correa, Seager, or Baez???

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I thought your love knows no bounds? How could the almighty Eppler make such a terrible decision? How could the greatest GM ever hire a manager you despise? Are you admitting Eppler made a mistake?

I’ve admitted his mistakes, but keep in mind you are really very dumb.  

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

This place is hilarious right now.

I imagined we would lose a game to Baltimore, but not this one.  The team looks like poo poo (technically known as shit).  Why shouldn’t I be a little hysterical.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

It's a good think we didn't get a decent haul of prospects for Iglesias.  

I agree.

Edited by Revad

7 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Yeah, the  bullpen aceholes blew another lead.  What else is new?  Ohtani didn't pitch at his best but still had a two run lead when he left.  So naturally, the relievers came in throwing gifts.  I like Maddon but not always his decisions.  Stop with the demands for him to be fired.  The team has problems that are not Joe's doing, and at least he's a more entertaining interview than his predecessors when the mediocre team is out of the running for the playoffs AGAIN.   What I don't like that much is the way he tries to soft-pedal and minimize the failings of the pitchers who have crumbled again.  Just say a pitcher, or a group of pitchers, failed to do what they're paid to do.  It doesn't have to be insulting.  These players are men and professionals.  If they can't take hearing the truth, they don't belong in a professional sport.

that's just not how the brotherhood works, you're expected to support your teammates and your players publicly. anything else and you're either out of line or you know there's some serious shit going on behind the scenes.

maddon's not getting fired, but i'm pretty unimpressed with their, supposed, use of analytics. their defensive shifts have to be the worst in baseball and maddon seemingly isn't getting any information on how to properly use his players. when he's not speaking coach speak, the few things he does say tend to be statistically incorrect. all of that leaves me very concerned with what minasian is providing or lacking there of.

Don't care that we lost; I expect to lose again tomorrow. Just watching/following for Marsh, Adell, and Ohtani now. Great to see Marsh get comfortable at the MLB level. 1.023 OPS in his last 15 games. Dude is going to be a key spark plug for the offense next year. Hopefully Ohtani repeats his production and Trout and Rendon get healthy. 

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

that's just not how the brotherhood works, you're expected to support your teammates and your players publicly. anything else and you're either out of line or you know there's some serious shit going on behind the scenes.

maddon's not getting fired, but i'm pretty unimpressed with their, supposed, use of analytics. their defensive shifts have to be the worst in baseball and maddon seemingly isn't getting any information on how to properly use his players. when he's not speaking coach speak, the few things he does say tend to be statistically incorrect. all of that leaves me very concerned with what minasian is providing or lacking there of.

That’s because Moreno probably doesn’t spend money on the important things not seen in box scores, like scouting and development.

54 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Don't care that we lost; I expect to lose again tomorrow. Just watching/following for Marsh, Adell, and Ohtani now. Great to see Marsh get comfortable at the MLB level. 1.023 OPS in his last 15 games. Dude is going to be a key spark plug for the offense next year. Hopefully Ohtani repeats his production and Trout and Rendon get healthy. 

Agree, except that it’s the ultimate embarrassment to lose a series to that team.

Haven’t the Halos been embarrassing enough these past 6 seasons?

Got me wondering what ohtani maybe thinking about any possible extension offer when all he can see picking up in the near future is the AL west wooden spoon.

The A and the Astros are light years ahead and the Mariners setup for a possible purple patch, some improvement from the Texas and that will be where we are at. Why would a guy as good as ohtani what to hang around any longer than  he has to.

Grim times....

5 hours ago, BritAngel said:

Got me wondering what ohtani maybe thinking about any possible extension offer when all he can see picking up in the near future is the AL west wooden spoon.

The A and the Astros are light years ahead and the Mariners setup for a possible purple patch, some improvement from the Texas and that will be where we are at. Why would a guy as good as ohtani what to hang around any longer than  he has to.

Grim times....

Hopefully what Ohtani is thinking about today is how he’s a huge reason they performed poorly yesterday.