• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (8/24/21): Bundy on the mound

Ohtanii really isn't a leadoff man. 150 + ks, easier to pitch to in the first with no one ever on base. His stealing percentage is not that good even with his speed. He is a run producer, more disciplined with men on base. 

Fletcher is good at one or two. Preferably two where his bat control can facilitate a hit and run style approach. Not sure about Marsh leading off yet. Possibly, but he's still early on a learning curve. Fletcher lead off by default if Marsh isn't ready. 

I'd have Trout third, as he is still the best combination of OPS and production when healthy followed by Ohtani cleanup. And Rendon, who is a versatile hitter when healthy and in sync. Then Walsh, who has lost his power stroke. To be determined who he really is until the season is over.  Adell, Stasi or Stasi ,Adell depending on who is hotter at any given time   and whoever (Iglesias again?) is at short at the bottom. 

Of course the lineups against left/right and other game to game variables, allows different mixes. 

56 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Ohtanii really isn't a leadoff man. 150 + ks, easier to pitch to in the first with no one ever on base. His stealing percentage is not that good even with his speed. He is a run producer, more disciplined with men on base. 

Fletcher is good at one or two. Preferably two where his bat control can facilitate a hit and run style approach. Not sure about Marsh leading off yet. Possibly, but he's still early on a learning curve. Fletcher lead off by default if Marsh isn't ready. 

I'd have Trout third, as he is still the best combination of OPS and production when healthy followed by Ohtani cleanup. And Rendon, who is a versatile hitter when healthy and in sync. Then Walsh, who has lost his power stroke. To be determined who he really is until the season is over.  Adell, Stasi or Stasi ,Adell depending on who is hotter at any given time   and whoever (Iglesias again?) is at short at the bottom. 

Of course the lineups against left/right and other game to game variables, allows different mixes. 

I'll buy that. I like the logic. 

12 hours ago, Justin said:

And looking good in CF. I would have no problem with him playing it next season with Trout in left. 

You know, assuming Trout is back next season. 

At this point, that's looking like an unknown.

Lineup w/o Trout:

Ohtani DH, Fletcher 2B, Rendon 3B, Walsh 1B, Stassi C, Marsh CF, Adell RF, Upton LF (we're probably stuck with him for one more year), Iglesias SS (or free agent).

20 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Adam Frasier was on the Pirates not the Orioles

Oops. Drafted him in fantasy only b/c he was top of list at that point in the draft. Details about where he played played no part. Didn't really recheck his real team. I had mullins and mancini and I actually heard of them. they all started to sink at the same time. Don't know why I conflated Frasier with the two Birds.