• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Indians (8/22/21 4pm PDT start on ESPN): Suarez on the mound

34 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Bro, have you tried DMT with elk meat?

Not yet, but this season isn’t over yet.lol

11 minutes ago, Justin said:

I'm cooking pizzas in the outdoor pizza oven this evening while drinking beer and watching the game al fresco. I went inside to grab a couple of ingredients - it feels like 90 seconds - and came back to find the game 2-0. 

I hate this season. Just like the last few. 

Seems to happen frequently this year, that I leave to do something and boom we’re behind.  Not usually when I’m al fresco though.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Losers

Took the words out of my mouth. How many times have we seen a team come from behind like they did Thursday just to fall on their face the next 3 games? Hardly ever. If it was Oakland that came from behind 10-2 to win 13-10 they would win 18 in a row. But our team then quits the next 3 days and rolls over to a team that was playing like shit. These guys just don't have the stomach to get back in the race even if they were in it.

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

I'm looking forward to no longer seeing Upton. 

I wish I could love this a thousand times. I wonder what the chances are they just cut bait this offseason and eat the last year of his contract like they did with Pujols? Like you I look forward to never seeing him in and Angels uniform again.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Gotta be honest.  Kinda enjoyed not watching the games for a week while on vacay.   Would hear or look up the score without the frustration of the win/loss/win/loss season.  

I've watched less Angels baseball this August than any other month of my adult life. If Ohtani weren't playing, I quite possibly would have watched none. 

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

What is with this team and striking out looking? It happens so much. Marsh Walsh and Stassi have just stared at pitches right down the middle. I've never seen a team so bad at that.  

I'm guessing it's a lack of focus affecting their plate discipline 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Walsh kind of stinks. It’s tough to admit but I think it may be true 

I don't know that I'd go that far, but I definitely have concerns.  Realistically speaking, though, he's going to be the Angels 1B for the foreseeable future.  There's no one in the minors who could step in and I don't really want them to go after a free agent 1B and pay top dollar.  Walsh is still cheap from a salary standpoint.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't know that I'd go that far, but I definitely have concerns.  Realistically speaking, though, he's going to be the Angels 1B for the foreseeable future.  There's no one in the minors who could step in and I don't really want them to go after a free agent 1B and pay top dollar.  Walsh is still cheap from a salary standpoint.

I'm not saying that they should look elsewhere at 1B but I think we should keep our expectations a bit lower than they were early in the season. Maybe he makes the proper adjustments but so far there has been no indication that he can. We'll just have to wait and see.