• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who would you cut before August 31st?

mmc

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jose Iglesias needs to go. 

-20 DRS and an 84 wRC+.

He's been awful. 

Give Stefanic a chance.

Hell put Rengifo or Mayfield at SS for the rest of the year to see if either are good enough defensively to serve as the back-up IF next year, and put Stefanic at 3B. 

Need to see what value Rengifo has for the future soon too, maybe sustained playing time in the infield will help him get on track.

I can't believe people would want Iglesias back.  

Stefanic is not a good defender guys.  Rengifo is a much better defender at 2b or SS.  But probably one of the most frustrating players out there in the halo org right now.  Seemingly unwilling to adjust for whatever reason.  

9 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I'd cut Petricka, Suzuki, José Iglesias, and Lagares.

To replace them, I'd call up Jimmy Herget, Oliver Ortega, Chad Wallach, and Michael Stefanic.

I with you on most of that, but as bad as Suzuki is, I don't think Chad Wallach is going to be an improvement.  He's organizational filler.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I with you on most of that, but as bad as Suzuki is, I don't think Chad Wallach is going to be an improvement.  He's organizational filler.

The fact that the Angels went out of their way to claim Wallach and DFA Bemboom makes me think they see something in him, or something to fix with him.

In AAA for the Angels, he has hit .273/.369/.473 with an .842 OPS and 108 wRC+

Wallach may not be great, but Suzuki hasn't been good at all. Also, at this point, I think it's best for Thaiss to just stay in AAA for the rest of the season and just catch as often as possible.

3 hours ago, Trendon said:

I'd cut Petricka, Suzuki, José Iglesias, and Lagares.

To replace them, I'd call up Jimmy Herget, Oliver Ortega, Chad Wallach, and Michael Stefanic.

Gonna call myself out for suggesting that Lagares be cut.

He was clutch tonight.

19 hours ago, Trendon said:

The fact that the Angels went out of their way to claim Wallach and DFA Bemboom makes me think they see something in him, or something to fix with him.

In AAA for the Angels, he has hit .273/.369/.473 with an .842 OPS and 108 wRC+

Wallach may not be great, but Suzuki hasn't been good at all. Also, at this point, I think it's best for Thaiss to just stay in AAA for the rest of the season and just catch as often as possible.

I liked Bemboom, I like his catching skills, especially his arm.