• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5 MLB players to testify that Eric Kay supplied them with drugs

• jsnpritchett changed the title to 5 MLB players to testify that Eric Kay supplied them with drugs

I guess the reports that Tim mead had knowledge of Kay's drug usage are true. What he knew about Kay distributing them to players is still in question.

Prosecutors said in another exchange that Kay communicated with a seller on the site April 21, 2019, the day he overdosed “likely on oxycodone,” was brought home from Angel Stadium by a co-worker and admitted to a hospital.

Mead was selected to be the President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in 2019 but that wasn't effective until May. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I personally believe if Mead knew Kay was involved with supplying players with drugs he would have made sure he was fired before he left for Cooperstown.  

I’m not sure you could assume that.  By all accounts Tim Mead is a great guy, well liked by everyone.  Although Kay reported to him, it doesn’t mean they had a supervisor/subordinate relationship.  They may have been really good friends.  If he knew Kay had a drug problem he should have taken action right then to get him help.  If he knew and didn’t do anything, then everything else could have been in play.  Baseball has it’s own code and stuff that would get you fired in a regular company gets overlooked in baseball. 

I know it won’t happen, but the guy that has to get fired is Carpino.  Too much stuff negative stuff seems to happen in the organization.  But, if he’s Arte’s buddy it won’t happen.  Again, when people are good friends, a lot of stuff that should get addressed gets swept under the rug…

I guess I wasn't following this story close enough.  I didn't know Kay OD'd at the stadium.

Prosecutors said in another exchange that Kay communicated with a seller on the site April 21, 2019, the day he overdosed “likely on oxycodone,” was brought home from Angel Stadium by a co-worker and admitted to a hospital.

1 hour ago, bruin5 said:

I’m not sure you could assume that.  By all accounts Tim Mead is a great guy, well liked by everyone.  Although Kay reported to him, it doesn’t mean they had a supervisor/subordinate relationship.  They may have been really good friends.  If he knew Kay had a drug problem he should have taken action right then to get him help.  If he knew and didn’t do anything, then everything else could have been in play.  Baseball has it’s own code and stuff that would get you fired in a regular company gets overlooked in baseball. 

I know it won’t happen, but the guy that has to get fired is Carpino.  Too much stuff negative stuff seems to happen in the organization.  But, if he’s Arte’s buddy it won’t happen.  Again, when people are good friends, a lot of stuff that should get addressed gets swept under the rug…

Carpino is a joke as FO head.

19 minutes ago, cals said:

Just because your organization is run well I think maybe you forget most of the rest of the planet is run like a shit show.

I mean maybe.  But I’d assume one of baseballs highest honors would be president of the HOF considering it’s a lifetime position.  You’d think they wouldn’t pick the guy all William Nilly. 

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

"Later, Kay appeared to offer a baseball autographed by Angels star outfielder Mike Trout as part of the deal.

“U have a son? Coud hook him with a signed Trout ball for a trade if U want?” Kay wrote.

“We dodger fans my boi lol,” Sharky responded."

I don't blame them for that, imagine the tables were turned and they were offering a Kershaw ball. Sure, the logical thing to do is take the highly valuable ball, but, the fan inside you knows it will feel dirty having that thing sitting there infecting your boy's room with Dodgerness, and that same fan inside you will gain much more satisfaction recalling the memory of the day you told the Dodgers and their icon to stick their ball and taught your child a lesson in loyalty at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Maybe I’m being naive, but I’d assume the vetting process to become President of the Baseball HOF (which is a lifetime appointment) would be pretty thorough.  

I’m pretty sure for that job it’s all about who you know and probably some type of minimal interview process.  MLB is and always has been about who you know. 

4 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

I’m pretty sure for that job it’s all about who you know and probably some type of minimal interview process.  MLB is and always has been about who you know. 

I doubt that it’s as simple as that.  So he knew Arte and Jackie Autry and they gave him the job after a quick interview?  Doubtful.