• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels not shutting down Mike Trout … or rushing him back

23 hours ago, True Grich said:

I realized a long time ago, all things baseball are basically out of my control. All I can do is control how I react to it. I cannot get too worked up over whether or not Trout will be back or not. 

Yep. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Because he’s hurt.  

Alarming that he's been gone for more than three months with a moderately strained calf, and perhaps four months if his return is around September 10-15. He's still not running much from what I've heard. 

Is there any reason, once he's deemed "healed", that he needs to continue his ridiculous workouts that put such a strain on his legs? Why?? Any orthopedists here who can venture an opinion on the possibility of long-term muscle/joint damage from these punishing workouts? It just seems strange to me, such a lengthy recovery from a simple muscle pull while jogging back to the dugout. Doesn't bode well for the future, imo.

PJ-CF550_WORKOU_M_20160307164126.jpg

12 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

If he can do that, I'm not sure why he can't play baseball.

I believe that was his offseason workout regime last year. I can't imagine him pushing 450-pound tires around right now. He's not even running up to speed.

There's been rumors the muscle was torn, but no links or corroboration, so who knows. We've been told very little all during these three months.

On 8/19/2021 at 12:05 PM, fan_since79 said:

Alarming that he's been gone for more than three months with a moderately strained calf, and perhaps four months if his return is around September 10-15. He's still not running much from what I've heard. 

Is there any reason, once he's deemed "healed", that he needs to continue his ridiculous workouts that put such a strain on his legs? Why?? Any orthopedists here who can venture an opinion on the possibility of long-term muscle/joint damage from these punishing workouts? It just seems strange to me, such a lengthy recovery from a simple muscle pull while jogging back to the dugout. Doesn't bode well for the future, imo.

Mikey presents as a regular guy, and I think he is.  However, you don’t become the best player in MLB for multiple years without having a strong ego.  If you want to be the best it’s not usually in one area,  Mikey maybe wants to be the best at working out.

34 minutes ago, Revad said:

Mikey presents as a regular guy, and I think he is.  However, you don’t become the best player in MLB for multiple years without having a strong ego.  If you want to be the best it’s not usually in one area,  Mikey maybe wants to be the best at working out.

He's actually a robot and the world microchip shortage is what's causing him to be out. Wake up sheeple!

It's always a mystery with this team and the injuries. Sean Burnett was out for a long time, had a "fantastic bullpen session", then was gone. Trout had a moderate strain and now we're hearing how bad it really is.

A "pretty bad" calf tear could end up severely impacting Trout for the next year or more. He could DH but where would you put Ohtani?

I'm just sick, and angry.

We have Joe Maddon claiming Trout's issue was mental, and we have Trout claiming that it wasn't a moderate strain, it was 'torn pretty bad.'

Listening to Trout continue though, he does say, "I'm going crazy" and then later on he says "mental health is serious stuff."

Sounds like Trout is playing up his injury in his mind, which is understandable, it's the first serious health issue he's had.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:05 AM, fan_since79 said:

That picture is from 5 years ago.