• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Dodgers (8/8/21): Detmers on the mound, no Upton

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I missed the game. How did detmers look? I know he got hit, but did he look alright?

He look ruined.  According to some.

He looked like a guy making his second start at times, but if you aren't excited about his future, you are a miserable idiot.

Getting out of that first inning was impressive.  Going five after the first two was impressive.

10 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I don't think it was ever ugly with Sandoval.  We should have some patience, though.  Young hitters seem to have success these days from day one, but starting pitchers... not so much.  

Coming into this season, he was 1-9 with a 5.33 ERA and had given up 16 HR in 76 IP.  He definitely struggled.

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Looks like that's what they've been doing for a couple weeks. 

For pitchers in outfielders...yes.

Would like to see Thaiss.  Let him catch and platoon with Goss at 1b.

I would like to see Stefanic or Aybar playing every day. 

However they may believe Mayfield and Goss are keepers for next year.

Edited by stormngt

3 hours ago, ScottT said:

He look ruined.  According to some.

He looked like a guy making his second start at times, but if you aren't excited about his future, you are a miserable idiot.

Getting out of that first inning was impressive.  Going five after the first two was impressive.

Those people are ridiculous. It was his 2nd major league start, against arguably the best offense and team in baseball. He got hit around before he could settle in and made a mistake to Pujols. Give him a break, he’s the future of this rotation.